Challenger Challenge

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well not a Challenge really, I just thought it sounded good!

Over the last week there has been a few of us that have grabbed a Challenger II, if the latest acquisitions thread is any thing to go by.

What is the feelings towards a Challenger TANK SIG?

Challenger tank of any mark 1/35 scale and with all the extras you can be bothered to throw at it. If you want to build OOB that is fine too. Duration? Start date? We can discus that along the way.

Can we be civilised and sign up for this one?

I will Start the list with my name.

Any one that is interested but has doubts, either post a question here or send me a PM if you would rather.

So far we have:

Ian M

N

noble

Since i've not long bought one be as well make it i'm in noble.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So the list has started:

Ian M.

Scott.

Any one else?

M

m1ks

I wouldn't mind a bash but would have to buy a kit and having just recently added a few 'ebay bargains' to the pile and being landed with easter eggs, missis's birthday, car tax (how much!!!!) a couple of my bikes to MOT now the weathers getting a bit more pleasant (one to sell and at least one to use) plus the car MOT looming fast funds are a bit tight.

Will see if there are any cheapies around.

P

phalinmegob

i have one to do so i will join in all though i have never built a tank and have been scared at the thought of starting it,it will be straight out of the box with crappy painting but it will be a challenger tank.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well this will be a good start as you can get tips and help from the others that will be building the Challenger as well! I will add you to the list.

Ian M

Scott

M1ks - if he can find one cheap- (The Trumpeter Challenger one can be had for about 15 quid if that helps.)

Andrew (how on earth did you get that user name?)

Ian M

L

Lancasterb1

Ian

You can count me in as well seeing as I have just purchased the Trumper version!

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian M

Scott

M1ks - if he can find one cheap- (The Trumpeter Challenger one can be had for about 15 quid if that helps.)

Andrew

Andy (lancaster1)

Looks like this was a good move. Any more?

Ian M

B

Boldman

I'd love to but I'm afraid the finances are against me at present and there are too many kits in the stash that are crying out for attention...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No worries Boldman, Save one of the Scorpions for later though, we might do just a Modern (Post WWII) build later.

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Oh go on then!

I got a cheap 1/35 CCLee version (which is a reboxed Tamiya as far as I know) of the Challenger III for £8 at coventry last year. Let's see if I can actually get round to finishing something! When d'you wanna start?

Gern

PS Do you need box and sprue pics?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hey Dave, welcome on board.

Just wondering why the question about box and sprue shots? Is it a started kit? I Never heard of CCLee so I can't comment on that. Is that the Challenger 1 mkiii we are talking about? the only challenger III's that come up on Google are aircraft!!!

As far as the start date and duration goes we need to bat that around a bit with those taking part.

Any suggestions chaps?

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Ian,

We normally show the box and sprue shots at the start of our GBs, I just thought we might do the same for SIGs. No worries either way - I'll go with the flow.

Gern

PS I haven't started this kit yet, but you're right, it is the Challenger 1 Mk III - sorry about the confusion!

N

noble

Hi all what about monday the 18th April for the start of the sig or is that too soon?

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hello peeps!

Gern; it would seem that the tradition of box tops and sprues photo is still alive and kicking, so I would say put them on in the first post for your build

Scott, now I now that you have 3000 things to do before December 14, but I think April 18 is a bit soon. I was thinking more first of May just to keep it to an easy start date.

Right what do you lot say, shall we go with the first of May? do you all need more time? (I haven't even got mine yet, but its on is way). Also what do you all think is a reasonable duration for the build. Keep it short; 3 months or do you want a nice long one so you can give it the works, 6 months or some thing in between?

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

the longer the better for me, i really am weary on this one having never built armour before,i opened the box for a nosey and took a deep breath,looks very difficult..there will be a couple of firsts for me as i am planning on sticking it on a miniart base that i have which is a vac form kit...another big gulp of breath when i open that box.

N

noble

\ said:
Hello peeps!Gern; it would seem that the tradition of box tops and sprues photo is still alive and kicking, so I would say put them on in the first post for your build

Scott, now I now that you have 3000 things to do before December 14, but I think April 18 is a bit soon. I was thinking more first of May just to keep it to an easy start date.

Right what do you lot say, shall we go with the first of May? do you all need more time? (I haven't even got mine yet, but its on is way). Also what do you all think is a reasonable duration for the build. Keep it short; 3 months or do you want a nice long one so you can give it the works, 6 months or some thing in between?

Ian M
Hi Ian 1st may sounds good to me and as for the duration i will go with whatever is decided.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
the longer the better for me, i really am weary on this one having never built armour before,i opened the box for a nosey and took a deep breath,looks very difficult..there will be a couple of firsts for me as i am planning on sticking it on a miniart base that i have which is a vac form kit...another big gulp of breath when i open that box.
Hi Andrew i think you'll do well don't worry nice and easy wins the race as they say also were all here should you need assistance, and if you really get stuck iam at rock ferry station don't hesitate to ask anything.

scott

P

phalinmegob

might just come and set up a table on the chester bound platform. wonder if there has ever been a model of a merseyrail train made, bet you have thought about it scott