Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well then unless some one comes and says otherwise:

Start the first of May ending last day in October.

Andrew, You will be in good hands. As we are building the same subject there will be others building the same kit as you so just ask away. As for the mini art base have you seen the demo video on there web site? It really is most informative. MiniArt: Plastic model kits, AFV, Historical miniatures & Figures, Building & Accessories click on the menu button "Assembly guide" at the left of the page.

Ian M

L

Lancasterb1

I am willing to go for the 1st May if all agree, I have no idea on the time frame though but will fit in with the decision that is made, how about a two month build? Would that suit everyone?

Andy

A

andygh

I'd like to put my name down for this one too if that's OK

Any Challenger at 1/35, 6 month build time, is that right?

L

Lancasterb1

Ok May 1st, six month build. Suits me, start date confirmed then, I take it all pictures, starting with box and kit on spure will be on this thread?

Andy

B

Boldman

Oh well if the plan is start 1st May finish by 1st November then you can count me in as well - I should be able to knock something out by then! :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian M

Nobel/Scott

M1ks - if he can find one cheap- (The Trumpeter Challenger one can be had for about 15 quid if that helps.)

Phalinmegob/Andrew

Lancaster1/Andy

Andygh

Boldman/Andrew.

START THE 1st of MAY Six months to build in. Can be with or with out add ons, on its own or a base, simple or diorama.

There will be a new thread started for the builds before long. You can open your thread as soon as the forum is opened, post pictures or the box, the sprues and anything else you will be using in the build. (add ons can be shown at a later date if you are still waiting for them).

Any questions?

Have I missed any one off the list? 'cause I am confused as hell with all these Andrews and Andy's!!!!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Cooee! Hello! You forgot me Ian!

Gern

B

Boldman

Thats because your not called Andrew/Andy!

I remember at school at one point there were 5 of us in the class and of course its nothing to do with Prince Andrew being 1 year older than me :smiling3: I've always been Andrew and resisted being called "Andy" because in school "Andy" was one of the other "Andrews" :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Cooee! Hello! You forgot me Ian!Gern
Sorry old bean! You got the PM though, right?

Ian M

Nobel/Scott

M1ks - if he can find one cheap- (The Trumpeter Challenger one can be had for about 15 quid if that helps.)

Phalinmegob/Andrew

Lancaster1/Andy

Andygh

Boldman/Andrew.

Gern/Dave.

Ian M

M

m1ks

Don't think i'll get onto this one unfortunately, not even had the time to look for a challenger kit :sad:

Once the Ducati is completed theres a captured aircraft / vehicle GB going to start on escale and i've got another WHIF idea bouncing around waiting to be built that'll be perfect for that one :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Never mind, Next time maybe.

John has them in the shop ;)

L

Lancasterb1

Will get the Trumpeter photographed at the weekend and place it on here, but I will not start the build until May 1st, that way if anyone is looking to purchase one, they can at least see what is in the box :cheesygrin:

Andy

A

andygh

Good review

Armorama :: In-Box Review: Challenger 2 by Darren Baker

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Andy: the section is up in the SIG builds forum, You can start your thread already now with any pictures and links that you care to post. But as you said no building until the 1st. May.

Andygh: It was that very review that got me to chose that kit! Good in it!

Ian M

A

andygh

Looks good, not sure which one I'll go for yet though, the KFOR job with the dozer blade looks quite nice

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Just seen this and i have Trumpeter Challenger 2 Enhanced Armour in my stash too, not going to build it just yet (haven't the room lol). But i'm going to keep an eye on this "SIG" though to see if anyone has problems so i know what to look out for.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you change your mind John, feel free to jump in. I have done an in box review of the kit you have, at the start of my thread. I dont have the room either, but I will think of some thing. LOL

Ian M