Chat away..About the SUPER SIGs

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Feel free to voice your ideas and ask general questions regarding the SUPER SIG's.

Have fun, that is why we are here.

Ian M

First Name
Richard
Okay well I got a question if I want to do a building of any kind but in the right era, do I vote in the group build threat for buildings?

I wannt to create somthing from Market Garden.

Sorry but i never done this before therefore the newbie status. :smiling3: :smiling3:

Cheers Richi

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Okay well I got a question if I want to do a building of any kind but in the right era, do I vote in the group build threat for buildings?I wannt to create somthing from Market Garden.

Sorry but i never done this before therefore the newbie status. :smiling3: :smiling3:

Cheers Richi
It really comes down to a couple of things. From what I understand the Building Group build is for a building that is intact: without damage and not a ruin. Also the building is pretty much stand alone. The main piece on a suitable base. You also only have 3 months to build it in.

The Super SIG for Market Garden is for any subject related to the title. Be it a tank, a squad of paras at a bridgehead fighting off the 9th and 10th SS panzer divisions. On the other hand it could just be a single figure. In front off a typical Dutch town house. In short any part or all of the battle. You get a whole year to do it in and the house can be any thing from a neat and tidy one or totally blown to bits shell.

Get the idea?

First Name
Richard
Ok thanks Ian now I got it.:rolleyes:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Let's see if I've got this right:

The super sigs run for twelve months starting on Jan1.

We have a choice between:

WWI

Market Garden

D day

Boat

For the boat build, I gather you're looking for something other than a standard plastic kit - with or without extras. eg 1/350 Bismark or 1/35 PT boat.

Apart from that, we're free to choose what we build, the scale and degree of complexity.

Am I OK with that?

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Pretty much on the money there Gern. You don't have to stick with one- you can do them all if you want!!!

Only a bit off with the boat. I would actually rather see no Plastic kits. I'm aware that this might put a lot off the idea, but this is an attempt to get some others to have a go at building a boat from a wood or glass fibre "kit" or plan.

I think there are plenty of options for plastic kits in all the others. There is even a GB for sail boats if I remember correct.

Ian M