"Cheers !"

F

Fenlander

A great scene with so much work gone into it. Really enjoyed reading and seeing how you conceived the idea and produced it. Excellent work :thumb2:

A

Armorguy

Thank you friends, I'm very glad you like it.

Peter, you have a point there. The reason why I went for this slope instead of the typical bocage scene is because I was aiming for the Band of Brothers silhouettes style. I also wanted someting else than a typical Bocage diorama with bushes in the background. Thank you sir.

th.jpg

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
I see what you mean about going for the BoB silhouette, a nice change. What about converting it into a boxed diorama so they are on the brow of a hill with a dramatic skyline behind them.. A boxed diorama would ensure one viewing point ensuring the sihouette effect.

You did such an excellent job at the foliage I am sure you would makea great hedgerow.

Just my thoughts, it is still a great little diorama - one to be proud of.
Peter

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Excellent vignette i spotted 506 and 502 paratroopers...well done

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Guy,
Again more excellent modelling. I’m really inspired seeing what you’ve some here! Superb:thumb2:
Si

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Guy, I missed this so started from the beginning...fantastic work.
Dioramas are one of my favorite to do and this is really giving me inspiration to revive David and Goliath. I've been looking for US paratroopers so far only relying on Dragon figures to modify them.

Cheers,
Richard

A

Armorguy

Thank you friends.

Richard, these paratroopers are from Soga Miniatures.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guy, they're nice but expensive. I may have to modify my own.

Cheers,
Richard

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I've just seen this one Guy, and what can I say that hasn't been already said, outstanding work. The work on the figures is just awe inspiring.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Guy,

fantastic build and blog on progress.. and the finished product... WOW... great skills you have sir.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

First Name
Matt
this is amazing, love how you chopped the figures around to get the look you wanted (I wish I had that skill), the dio looks fantastic and the quality of painting is incredible. you are very talented sir!!

A

Armorguy

Matt, Joe, I'm not that skilled at all my friends, it's a matter of not giving up, of falling and getting up again.:face-with-head-bandage::dizzy:
Many thanks for upping the diorama.:cool: