Children in 1/35th scale and modern(ish) clothes?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Does anyone here know if any 1/35th scale figures are available of children/teens dressed in more or less modern clothes? I have this idea to build a military vehicle as it would appear in a 1970s “open day” type situation, with kids crawling over it and one or two of the crew keeping an eye on things, but that of course needs figures …

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I suppose you've found most of the civilian figure kits from WWII era and they're not what you're looking for?

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Preiser do Gauge 1 ( approx 1:32 ) for scalectrix etc.
Teens , but maybe not what you want.

Civilians in a few masterbox , the arabian ''insurgence''sets have a little boy. "snickers" has a few too

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
WWII civilians tend to wear 1940s clothing, that’s the main problem :smiling3: The kids in the Masterbox sets have a similar problem in being too Middle-Eastern. I suppose I’ll have to go for some of these anyway and sculpt them some new clothes.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ooh, that bears investigating … Thanks for the tip, these may provide a better starting point than 1940s-era kids, since their clothes are easier to paint up as 1970s style.

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Update: I investigated Printle (not Pintle as per Gary’s typo — I mention this for anyone else looking for these figures) and decided to order some. Their shop page says to ask if what you want isn’t there, so I first picked out the figures/poses I wanted and then sent them a message through the Shapeways site to ask for those figures in 1/35. I got a reply almost immediately saying that they would let me know when they were available; an hour later, I got another message saying “Done !” This is what I consider good response to customers :smiling3: (Of course, it’s only a matter of scaling their 3D file and uploading it, but still.)

Today, Shapeways mailed me to say that my order is in the post, so now all I can do is wait and see.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Update: I investigated Printle (not Pintle as per Gary’s typo — I mention this for anyone else looking for these figures) and decided to order some. Their shop page says to ask if what you want isn’t there, so I first picked out the figures/poses I wanted and then sent them a message through the Shapeways site to ask for those figures in 1/35. I got a reply almost immediately saying that they would let me know when they were available; an hour later, I got another message saying “Done !” This is what I consider good response to customers :smiling3: (Of course, it’s only a matter of scaling their 3D file and uploading it, but still.)

Today, Shapeways mailed me to say that my order is in the post, so now all I can do is wait and see.

Apols for typo , that's why i added two direct links to the info.