Colin M Cosford £5.00 build.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well, a kit for £5.00 or less, I thought it would be a bit of a challenge finding one, but surprisingly, there was plenty to choose from. So for me, I thought I would try something a little on the esoteric side, well for me anyway.

To start with, I'm going to put this to one side for tonight, I can't have my nice tidy aircraft mixing with a dirty tank. Tank, what ever that is ?
1.JPG

So here is the 'Science Technology' Stuart, light tank. It's tiny, 1:72 or 1:76 I think.
2.JPG

The price.
3.JPG

Sprues. Quite tidy, a little flash. Yes, you can see a horse. A flippin' horse. Monica does a 'mean' horse, I'll send it to her, see if she can have it done by the end of the week !! Those decals, aren't decals, they're stickers. I kid you not. I've bought a toy, not a model. The tracks, nice rubbery tracks.
4.JPG

But luckily, the box also contained this. 'The King of glues' I suspect you're all a bit jealous now, having laughed at my stickers.
7.JPG

Time to stick plastic. Although I might use a different glue. I'll save the 'King of glue' for a special project.

Colin M..

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Well, a kit for £5.00 or less, I thought it would be a bit of a challenge finding one, but surprisingly, there was plenty to choose from. So for me, I thought I would try something a little on the esoteric side, well for me anyway.

To start with, I'm going to put this to one side for tonight, I can't have my nice tidy aircraft mixing with a dirty tank. Tank, what ever that is ?
View attachment 279496

So here is the 'Science Technology' Stuart, light tank. It's tiny, 1:72 or 1:76 I think.
View attachment 279497

The price.
View attachment 279500

Sprues. Quite tidy, a little flash. Yes, you can see a horse. A flippin' horse. Monica does a 'mean' horse, I'll send it to her, see if she can have it done by the end of the week !! Those decals, aren't decals, they're stickers. I kid you not. I've bought a toy, not a model. The tracks, nice rubbery tracks.
View attachment 279501

But luckily, the box also contained this. 'The King of glues' I suspect you're all a bit jealous now, having laughed at my stickers.
View attachment 279502

Time to stick plastic. Although I might use a different glue. I'll save the 'King of glue' for a special project.

Colin M..
Damn the "king" of glue it's like the holy grail of glues. I've searched for many a year in the quest to just give it a squeeze and you found it in a random box.:DHope you fully realise just how lucky you are! Kit looks decent enough and I look forward to your build. Good luck. Cheers John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
.......excuse me Mr. Colin, you ain't sending no horse 'Down Under', not after all your promises about what you are going to do with the beast!....:eek:

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
im gonna ask the stupid ? where does the horse fit into the build as there is none shown on the box art :eek:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steve, the kit is that old, the tank has a one horse power engine!

Coat, scarf, gloves and bobble hat all on....

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I
.......excuse me Mr. Colin, you ain't sending no horse 'Down Under', not after all your promises about what you are going to do with the beast!....:eek:
I Promised ! I just sat quietly while the diorama was decided!
im gonna ask the stupid ? where does the horse fit into the build as there is none shown on the box art :eek:

It's a fair question Steve. Oh dear, I see you are called 'tanktrack' well this might not be the normal type of armour thread you are used to. I'll try not to polish the thing smooth. But yes, the horse. Well imagine how surprised we were to find a horse on a spruce. The only guess/explanation we could come up with was, maybe the kit is a sort of "Then and now" thing. Cavalry to armour. There's no clue in the instructions, the translation is so poor.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I

I Promised ! I just sat quietly while the diorama was decided!

It's a fair question Steve. Oh dear, I see you are called 'tanktrack' well this might not be the normal type of armour thread you are used to. I'll try not to polish the thing smooth. But yes, the horse. Well imagine how surprised we were to find a horse on a spruce. The only guess/explanation we could come up with was, maybe the kit is a sort of "Then and now" thing. Cavalry to armour. There's no clue in the instructions, the translation is so poor.
I think the horse may have something to do with the furrows in the cup you acquired you just need to scratch build the plough.;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Never mind the'oss , i want to know where Charlie Chaplin and a legless Usain Bolt fit into the build ?( bottom sprue on the pics !!)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
For an aeroplane builder, you've suddenly developed a strange attraction to 'orses Col! Check out the side of the box in pic 3!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is superb....proper stickers, not yer rubbish decals. Coupled with the special glue, it is indeed a kit much admired and sought after by those in the know....

Particularly when members of the Jockey Club see the kit includes a 'orse!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Charlie Chaplin and a legless Usain Bolt fit into the build
Have you forgot reading the instructions - Paly body. One or both of them, I don't know.
Well anyway, I've actually done something.
9.JPG

And yes, it is really small.
10.JPG

Lots of bits (no that's not right, there hasn't been that many so far) need a bit of a tidy up before use. The horse looks nice though, probably the cleanest part in the kit.

First Name
Alex
The king of glue is only inferior to the 'god of glue' made in Japan

D

Deleted member 5819

As I thought a nice job Colin keep up the good work ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The king of glue is only inferior to the 'god of glue' made in Japan
The god of glue is an ancient myth. No man has ever held such ancient artefact. Or so I heard down the pub last week.

First Name
Alex
The god of glue is an ancient myth. No man has ever held such ancient artefact. Or so I heard down the pub last week.

Legend has it that there is only one mortal being which can yield such a glue, they call him butter fingers, for his fingers are oil based and impervious to the unworldly strength of the glue. They also say that once the god of glue has bonded it can only be parted by the holy file, even an atom bomb cannot break its bond....so i heard from some bloke called dave in the pub.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
....so i heard from some bloke called dave in the pub
Well if Dave said so, fair enough.................................

Right, just a bit more done.

Look, it's a horse.
IMG_0971.JPG

Tiny tank is built, primed and pre shaded.
IMG_0974.JPG

Colour is on. Don't shoot me, it's just a generic green I happened to have - I build aircraft not tanks. But don't worry, the green is not actually that light.
IMG_0977.JPG

Now for something quite new to me. Oil dot filtering. I thought I would have a go at this process. So, on with the dots.
IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

Then after 'splodging' all the oil around, it looks like this.
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG

The difference is subtle, will it be enough ? I'll let you know in about a month when it's dry.

But look, even the horse didn't escape the oil treatment. He has a nice shiny coat now.
IMG_0989.JPG
Now then, I know these tanks were small, or is that horse huge ?

Colin M..