Colins' (CDW) Sopwith Triplane.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Colin

Welcome on board fella!

Another 1/72 bird! Wow, you guys have good eye sight. Will you be rigging this triplane Colin? If so, that will be some achievement. Either way, best of luck with the build I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

All the best

P

C

CDW

\ said:
Will you be rigging this triplane Colin?
I intend to just build it, paint it then send it to Ian (papa) to do the rigging :smiling3: :smiling3:

Seriously though, i'm going to have a bash .. in fact i've just been looking at some reference pictures on t'interweb :smiling3:

M

mobear

we have straight jackets and shackles ready for you colin lol oh yeak and tranqs

mobear

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ive seen less flash in a solar flare Colin. Good luck with it. I cant believe this is a revell kit. I have never had so much flash from a revell kit before, Maybe Ive just been lucky.

C

CDW

It'll be fine Steve ... i hope :smiling3: .... anyway Ole's got the straight jacket and tranquilisers on call if i need them.

M

mobear

dont you just love filler lol,doing a fine job inspite of probs

mobear

D

dubster72

Looks the the ' hard as nails ' is taking a battering with this one Colin!

Seriously though, why does it seem ( at least to me ) that aircraft kits need more filler & have more flash than armour kits? I have hardly ever needed filler ( Eastern Express KV-1 excluded! )

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

its actually tipex patrick :smiling3:

the hard as nails was just a little to thick for this job.

going to try and add "some" detail to the cockpit today.

think i'm going to display it on a base with no pilot (as he's not the best formed), i have some RAF figures that i can adjust for a little diorama.

M

mobear

you could have mr merrick the elephant man for a pilot lol

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start colin. Its not a bad little kit once its cleaned up , the problems it has are just down to its age , like most of us its a bit poorly formed and flaky round the edges ! I really enjoyed doing mine , a bit of something different and it only cost £3!!!! keep up the good work , cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Colin

Good start to the build, you seem to have cleaned up those parts nicely.

An interesting note:The Fokker DR.1 was supposedly an attempt by the Germans to copy the Sopworth triplane which impressed them with it's manoeuvrability.

Keep up the great work

Paul

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well Colin, a bit of flash with a kit mixed somewhere. But look on the bright side, at least the flash is 1:72 scale !!

C

CDW

Thanks chaps. ....

Flash bashing continues and i have some more flying supports for the "ready" box

View attachment 44684

The cockpit needed something so as i'm not having the pilot i thought just a little "stick" would take away the baron look.

View attachment 44685

Looking at the reference images i have, they show a bolster effect around the cockpit edge, so i had a go with some scrap electrical cable, I cut down the length, removed the wire strands and slipped the plastic insulation over the edge,

Doesn't look that bad, just a little filler on the join needed.

View attachment 44686

View attachment 47845

View attachment 47846

View attachment 47847

Photo0757.jpg

Photo0759.jpg

Photo0758.jpg