Colins' (CDWs) ROK K1A1

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Mmmmm, South Korean armour. Great choice Colin.

Have fun, John

C

CDW

Making a start this weekend (in between the F1 coverage:smiling3:) now i've finished my Tankbuster SIG dio.

Will be painting it in the sand, grey, black and white 4 colour camo pattern i've decided.

There's a extra detail kit available that has boxes, cargo, canvass etc but i'll be scratching my own, there's plenty of stowage baskets and pod on this model to fill so that'll be a task.

first is the wheels .... oh joy...... pictures coming as and when i have something to show.

C

CDW

Something to show.

the hull .... the problem is that the three centre wheel struts can move within their sockets by around 10-15 degrees, handy if you know what terrain you're putting it on as you could make the suspension fit the terrain but that would mean you'd have to add these last. I've managed to get them basically in line and will have to adjust the terrain to suit the tracks when adding it to the little dio i have planned again.

View attachment 48487

The wheels .... yep, tedious as per usual :smiling3: :smiling3:

View attachment 48488

View attachment 51349

View attachment 51350

20120730_105743.jpg

20120730_105709.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking good mucker keep on keeping on

C

CDW

cheers chaps.

a note on the tracks.... you have to take out two tread lengths as they are a tad too long. seems they've used the same ones as the ROK K9 thunder (Which i made a few weeks ago)

*edit*

OK i'm wrong, after checking, the tracks are different to the K9 .. but they're still a good 1/2inch too long, if you leave them as they are you can literally just hold the tank hull up and they'll drop off.

Last edited:
C

CDW

Not much to show in progress really .....

The track were shortened and popped into my grit jar as they were the shiney Paint repelent type :smiling3: , did a bit more weathering and got a base sorted.

Made a start on the turret and main gun

Made up a few accessories, the extra ariel base is off the M10 achilles spares (the whip is a sweeping brush bristle), and the cables are twisted telephone wire.

View attachment 48925View attachment 48926View attachment 48927

View attachment 51748

View attachment 51749

View attachment 51750

20120807_103955.jpg

20120807_104017.jpg

20120807_104109.jpg

M

mobear

still looking good though,were the baskets for the shopping?lol

mobear

S

Shuftie

Have never worked on an Academy kit but this looks a good one.

P

Polux

Looking good so far Colin!! I will be watching this with interest.

Regards. Polux

C

CDW

For those with interest ....

Its here ....

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/completed/16651-colins-cdw-rok-k1-a1.html#post137211