Completed Chengdu J10s 'Vigorous Dragon' Bronco models 1/48

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real nice clean work,with great detailing on this one,very well done, I do like it, :D

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A fantastic looking build there Tony, I'm glad I watched the build thread because it doesn't show what work you had to do to get it looking this good. I think this one should be Newark bound.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb result Tony, you have got to be proud of that one. The rivet detail really stands out on the model.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks guys , yes i might take it to Newark Ian , although boxing it up is going to be a bit tricky , theres tiny fragile bits all over it !!! Cheers tony

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

excellent work mate, interesting subject, good to see you didn't do the F-16 and instead picked a more exotic aircraft.

Though in real life, it would be interesting to compare those two aircrafts against each other....

First Name
Gwyn
Well done Tony, an excellent looking model that you should be very proud of. 

D

dubster72

I'll second what's already been said Tony, that's a great result!  Good to see some close-up shots too ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers patrick , i always try to give the photography a bit of thought , cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks Ralph , I'm very pleased with how this one turned out ,and even more pleased that I didnt manage to knock off all the tiny aerials during the process!!! :D :D   I'm going to make a base for it and possibly source a traditional looking chinese dragon sticker to put on. thanks again for the kind comments  cheers tony

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Thats one award winning build such a clean look the panel lines have stayed and there isnt any residue as when i do it i get some bleeding out but you have nailed it and the cockpit looks good enough to fly in 

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
might take it to Newark

I'm clearly a bit late catching up on this one. What a great build Tony. It looks perfect in every respect. Did you take it to the show  ?  Also I wonder, what hit the sky

first, The Eurofighter, or the 'Dragon' ??  I'm just wondering who took inspiration from who ?  Or 'borrowed' some drawings.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
SUPER crisp build! B|

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers colin , gavin.  The shows not till october col but im still hoping to take it. As for the design it owes a lot to the data that was transferred ( legitimately this time) from the unsuccessful Israeli ' Lavi' project, an aircraft design similar to the j10 . The chinese added this info to their own design and the j10 was the result. There isnt actually much similarity to the typhoon really - one less engine , canards behind the cockpit not on the nose , its only the intake that makes them look related , thanks guys tony

First Name
Mike
Beautiful clean build Tony 
thumbs.png

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Finally got round to making a base for this . Its a representation of the flag of the peoples republic of china , script coming from the decal sheet. Cheers tony

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG