DAK Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel Horvath

Good evening to you all im sure most of you have seen my DAK diorama.. well that was just a beginning. As I previously mentioned the whole project will consist 3 parts ! The first is done so its time to continue with the 2 nd part of this mega project! The second part will be the continuation of the military base ! It will be a same length of 175cm but i only planning to make it half wide only 50cm ! It will consist an ammunition holder barrack a wall with the entrance to the base 3 guard tower , a water tower, a medical tent with an ambulance, field washing facility and a toilet! I already have almost all the kits I require only few missing! Of course will be loads of vehicles and figures as you guys all know I like busy scenes:smiling3: so that is my plan, the work has already begun! Hope you guys will enjoy the ride! Thanks for joining in advance all the best Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

So the first build will be the ammunition barrack! I will use miniart kit. I only find suitable the miniart European farmyard for my idea , before you guys say anything .... I know we are in Africa and what am I doing with a European building ? So the answer is that the stone wall is fine but the tile roof dosent fit , so I will going to change the tiles for corrugated roof panels so its matches the other buildings in the first part! The pieces has already been glued together and the construction in progress! Thanks for looking cheers Danny 241E222A-3322-4E50-B0A4-7C61DD08DE7C.jpeg472F5AAF-0C19-4AEE-932A-2D1A704CA7B9.jpeg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Danny,

Another masterpiece in the works I see! I'm sitting front and center for this one. I have always loved that Farmyard kit from Mini Art. Can't wait to see more…

Prost
Allen

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks for joining Allen ! This will be a long project so stay tuned regards Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

Fernando and Jim also like to thank you for joining to follow this project! Regards Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

So today I have finished the construction of the building! I have never did miniart building before, but i heard a lot of complaints, be honest I found it quite simple and easy to construct of course it will require some filling here and there , it was great fun doing it , and get it done quite fast as well ! Also completed the roof but like I mentioned i will put corrugated roof panels on the top of the tiles !So here i am at the moment ! Thanks for looking cheers Danny
6732F869-ABC7-423C-B8D5-F81F902D9000.jpegFC4AF7EA-EA0D-4CE5-9601-B8D35F9186CB.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Good evening everybody today i put the base coat on the building, i used tamiya buff. Also started to place the corrugated roof panels in place ! I have put on 5 roof out of 7 , unfortunately I runned out so I have to wait for delivery! So thats were im at sofar.. thanks for looking cheers Danny 7F2C6197-DD00-4E31-A52B-B10902937B59.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks Paul I know its here soon ! Can’t guarantee it will be ready by then but if not I take the most recently finished.. It’s Over ! Berlin 1945 .... i will try my best to complete the second part! Also thanks for joining the ride ! Best regards Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

Good evening to you all ! Today i have painted some of the stones to different colours just to create some variety and also washed and whethered the building and painted and washed the roof as well ! Still waiting for the panels to arrive so I can finish the roof! If not here by tomorrow I will start to work on the doors and windows! Thanks for looking cheers Danny 8A0B5021-2FFE-473B-BDBD-A47AAF63CCA8.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Good afternoon to you all! Today i put together all the accessories whats belongs to the kit except the fence , i will not going to use that! So next step is to paint them ! Shouldn’t take long im back with the next updates soon ! Thanks for looking regards Danny 17ADEABC-4602-4D71-9960-07337390FE88.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.