Danish Leopard 1A5DK1

A

Andy Claesens

Good evening Chaps,

This build may be alittle dijointed in the beginning as it was one I was about to post up before the Demise of MilitaryModelling.. In the last week of the site I spent more time retrieving photos than considering posting so the build continued in the background which is why you will see a sudden jump from Stage 1 to a partially completed build. This is a commission build for a colleague who was a platoon commander on these during the late Nineties. The start point is this...
Italeri Leopard 1A4 boxart.JPG

With the Legend Conversion kit.
Danish Conversion boxart.JPG
Contents to follow
Andy

A

Andy Claesens

Here's what you get in the boxes.
Italeri 1A4 sprues (1).JPG

Italeri 1A4 sprues (2).JPG

Italeri 1A4 sprues (3).JPG

Italeri 1A4 tracks (1).JPG

Italeri 1A4 decals & mesh (1).JPG
Legend set
Legend contants.JPG
My first serious conversion... Let the games commence...
Andy

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
should be a nice build,Andy ,have built a couple,but not with the Conversion kit.
so will be watching this,one,:smiling:

A

Andy Claesens

The way I usually blog a build is to show instructions, then parts and then the built section. That was the plan with this but you'll see it didn't pan out that way after Stage 1 So without further ado.
Hope you enjoy the show.
Italeri 1A4 Inst Stg 1.JPG

Italeri 1A4 Stg 1 (1).JPG

Italeri 1A4 Stg 1(2).JPG

Andy

A

Andy Claesens

Welcome Monica, First comfy chair in the front row is yours. Huge jump forward next

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Interesting spelling of the maker's name on the box - all the ones in my stash are spelled ITALERI.

Pete

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I'll pull up a chair next to Moni if you don't mind Andy. :smiling3:

I recently finished Meng's Gepard which is based on the leopard hull.

A

Andy Claesens

Hi Pete, welcome along. I believe this was how they all used to be spelt. This is a commemorative reboxing of an old classic kit of theirs

A

Andy Claesens

And welcome to you too Bob. Hope you enjoy the show.A bit daunting this one as I've got some surgery to do...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Andy
Coming together well...I’ll mooch in and out to keep an eye on this.
Cheers
Tim

A

Andy Claesens

Last two pictures for tonight... Some considerable surgery to get the mantlet cover to fit but as the Legend set was designed for the Meng kit I can't really complain. Also chopped a hole in the turret for a resin grille.
Danish Leopard 1 (3).JPG

Danish Leopard 1 (4).JPG

All comments welcomed.
Andy

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I've just joined in watching this one Andy, and may I say a very nice start indeed. Looking forward to more updates.

First Name
Marcello
Nice build Andy. Always attracted by the leopard but never built one. Will follow along. I suspect the original branding was Italaerei, which is how I remember from my young age, and litteraly translates into Italian planes, but who cares, this is another story...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Looks as if you have got the kit to marry up with the Legend set fine. Always needs a bit of fettling. Looking forward to the paint.
Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Interesting spelling of the maker's name on the box - all the ones in my stash are spelled ITALERI.
It’s what the company used to call itself, until the mid-seventies or so (before my time, anyway).

A

Andy Claesens

Good evening chaps, hope all are well.
Ian, cheers for that and welcome to the show. There will be a bit of a satellite delay over the weekend as I'm awayconducting some leadership training on Salisbury Plain. Back next week with more though.
Thanks Marcello, find a comfy chair... This will be my third Leopard 1 and I've done the Tamiya Gepard too. Always thought it an aesthetically pleasing tank to look at.. I'll post up the finished ones.
Jim ta for that. I did take a bit of agamble going for the Italeri kit over the MENG one but finances being what they are etc. The turret parts were my only real concern but so far they have worked out well, so fingers crossed.
Welcome Jakko, You're right and I remember seeing their old catalogue with that spelling when I were a mere whippersnapper.
Thanks for your comments everyone:smiling: