Dave W's BAC Lightning

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Normally once it has had time to harden off it is actually quite resilient to masking. I have never had issues with it. It might pay you to remove some of the sticky first, I run the tape through my fingers a few times or, stick it to the back of my hand a few times. Needless to say not a good idea if you are hairy... LOL

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow Dave, you're a persistent bugger aren't you. I thought the Humbrol aluminium looked good but that Alclad has made a vast improvement now it is behaving itself. Super work, fingers and toes crossed for a successful outcome and decals soon!

First Name
Dave
Just checked the Alclad I sprayed on a couple of days ago and it's still not properly dried yet.Ive managed to touch in a few areas that weren't very good.Ive got to go in to Hospital for an operation on my elbow this Friday.So I will leave the model alone until I'm out of the hospital.

Z

Ziper_it

Best wishes for your operation, come back soon.

Strange that Alclad isn't yet cured.

Francesco

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Best wishes for your operation, come back soon.Strange that Alclad isn't yet cured.

Francesco
It's touch dry but comes off when rubbed lightly.But I'm leaving it alone until next week.Hopefully it will harden.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
hope that all goes well friday and you aresoon ready for action again.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
\ said:
hope that all goes well friday and you aresoon ready for action again.Ian M
Thanks Ian.It was damaged when I had a fall at work before christmas.Ive had to wait for my upper arm that was also broken in the fall to heel before I could have this operation.Has'nt stopped me making models though.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
All the best Dave, if nothing else it gives the Alclad time to cure properly as well:smiling3:

H

Harry Labanville

Do you know what oven cleaner you used and did it eat any plastic

I used Mr Muscle and it seemed to eat the plastic so I washed it off quick.

First Name
Dave
I

\ said:
Do you know what oven cleaner you used and did it eat any plasticI used Mr Muscle and it seemed to eat the plastic so I washed it off quick.
I used a cheap oven cleaner bought from a bargain store.It didn't do anything to the paint or the plastic.So it probably wouldn't have worked on an oven either!.

First Name
Dave
To those who wished me well I had my operation yesterday and it went well .ive got a metal elbow joint fitted after a bike track day crash 14 years ago.my fall at work caused the part going through my forearm to go thru the side of the bone.Luckily the component in my upper arm is still firmly glued in.So the surgeon changed the forearm bit for a longer one.apparently my arms a bit shorter now.But it still works so I'm happy.Should get out of hospital later today.Cant wait to get back to the models.

First Name
Dave
I've got the Alclad as good as I can get it.Not perfect but considering the trouble Ive had its good enough.ive unmasked the fin/spine and nothing has bled under onto the white.So I've now sprayed two coats of Alclad gloss clear coat on in preparation for decaling later this evening.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's looking great Dave. Think I caught your paint bug, having problems with my green on the Harrier now.