Dave W's Completed Greek F4E

First Name
Dave
Finally got this one finished. I had hoped to really go to town on the weathering. But it didnt look right with the lack of engraved panel lines. So i wiped a lot of it off. The decals i used are made by a Polish company called 'Model Maker Decals' and they are superb. Very thin and strong with really clear backing film. I will definately buy more .This 1/48 Italeri kit is really old and basic. A product of its time. I definately would not recommend it. Unless like me you can aquire it dirt cheap. I saw a bunch on sale for £35 each at Duxford earlier this month. If you pay that you will be very disappointed. Ive got a Hasegawa FG1 to finish off now. Then its on to the fantastic Zoukie Mura F4S.

IMG_4734.JPG IMG_4738.JPG IMG_4739.JPG IMG_0300.PNG IMG_0301.PNG IMG_0303.PNG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Dave , I know its been a battle with this ancient tooling. Its nice to see one in the Greek colours too , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
Thanks Tony. I've just acquired a Revell 1/32 kit. Surprisingly good detail. Might do another Greek one!.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I like it Dave, a different scheme and clean lines. A real fight but you won in the end. Another F-4, a great model subject in my opinion.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I missed this Dave. I didn't realise finished GB's were being squirreled away. But anyway, I've never seen a Greek one before. Great finish, really nice.