Destroyed Iraqi T-55

P

Polux

I like you enjoy in Patrick! I was worried, no much people come in.

Nice choice and good idea!

All the best and see you tomorrow!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
An interesting choice Patrick, I look forward to seeing the build.

Ian M

First Name
Aaron
What a grunty looking beast and for 5 quid , what a steal !

looking forward to this one Patrick

D

dubster72

Well, here's the kit pretty much built. Even for £5, this is a poor kit. There are huge ejection-pin marks, more flash than in Tescos & overall it's badly moulded. If anyone's ever tempted because it's cheap, save your money & put it to something better!

However, with the aid of filler & sanding it's come out not too bad and sufficient for this SIG build.

View attachment 41110View attachment 41109View attachment 41108View attachment 41107View attachment 41106

Thanks for looking

Patrick

View attachment 44753

View attachment 44754

View attachment 44755

View attachment 44756

View attachment 44757

SP_A0282.jpg

SP_A0280.jpg

SP_A0279.jpg

SP_A0278.jpg

SP_A0277.jpg

C

CDW

Looks OK after being "repaired as you go" Patrick.

And now you've got it looking about right you've got to break it ... typical eh :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Polux

Looks good Patrick!

I will see this thread with interest.

Regards

D

dubster72

Cheers chaps for your nice comments. Actually, it's not going to be too battered, pics I've seen seem to show burnt-out examples so that's what I'm aiming for.

Though I guess a 120mm sabot hit is quite a battering!

Patrick

C

CDW

looks good on my monitor Patrick ..... seems like iyou've made a silk purse out of a pigs ear mate !!!!!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Going to look great this is Patrick, love seeing your armour come together.

Have fun, John

First Name
Aaron
Good one Patrick Your base looks great and shows that you did a fantastic filler job. Top marks

D

dubster72

Aaron, John, Colin thank you! It did come out better than I expected! Here's another update, I went over the dark green base with a lighter green, sprayed on upper surfaces for a contrast. Then I added patches of sand yellow to complete the basic camo pattern.

View attachment 41242View attachment 41243View attachment 41244View attachment 41245View attachment 41241

Now the process of ruination can begin! MWAH HA HA!

Cheers

Patrick

View attachment 44869

View attachment 44870

View attachment 44871

View attachment 44872

View attachment 44873

SP_A0313.jpg

SP_A0318.jpg

SP_A0316.jpg

SP_A0302.jpg

SP_A0296.jpg

First Name
Aaron
Oh my god, It turned out fantastic!!!!!

A lighter overspray from the top is very effective. Must keep that in mind. Thanks Patrick

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work on the painting Patrick, and after that your just going to wreck it tut tut Should look fantastic when done keep up the good work

D

dubster72

\ said:
Oh my god, It turned out fantastic!!!!!A lighter overspray from the top is very effective. Must keep that in mind. Thanks Patrick
Thanks Aaron, I find the overspray adds a little depth to the model & gives it a ' used ' look. I use yellow or flesh to lighten greens & browns, rather than white.

Cheers

Patrick

D

dubster72

\ said:
Great work on the painting Patrick, and after that your just going to wreck it tut tut Should look fantastic when done keep up the good work
Thanks Ian, to be honest, it's a shame to wreck it! But it must be done!

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

It's actually looking that good for, as you imply, a cheapo crappy model ... that i would be tempted to finish the build normally, put a little scratch on the turret and call it "phew.. that was close" :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: