Diorama Ideas!!!!

S

Samer Ibrahem

Ok guys i was woundering where others getting diorama ideas like i have lost my creativity throw the last 10 years duo to things i have seen and went throw in this country which did cost me alot anyway i want to know where u guys getting the idea about the diorama u build.

Best regards to all

F

Fenlander

I don't build dioramas yet but I guess some are just inspired by the model, others by photographs or film.

0ne48thtel

I personally tend to look at the model then at the base to figure out what would work. The base also depends on wether it is ready made or if it is being scratch built. If it scratch built you can pretty much let your imagination run with it whereas pre-formed bases can restrict what goes on them. This of course is just mt thinking I am sure there are those who would disagree.

D

dubster72

As Graham says, a photo is a good starting point. Sometimes I let how I want a model to look guide the setting.

For example, I have a KV-2 in the paintshop & I didn't know quite how to finish it. Deciding that I wanted it abandoned & rusty, I'm going to have it on a base, all overgrown with foliage and German soldiers looking at it.

P

Polux

You can find ideas everywhere!!!

Just take a look an old building, take a walk near the sea, observe a train structure ..... Sometimes the problem isn't the diorama, the problem is the subject!!!

Believe me....there is live outside the warlike models :smiling3:

Take a book, there are many ideas there!! But not a photography one, I'm talking a normal one.... ;)

S

Samer Ibrahem

\ said:
You can find ideas everywhere!!!
Just take a look an old building, take a walk near the sea, observe a train structure ..... Sometimes the problem isn't the diorama, the problem is the subject!!!

Believe me....there is live outside the warlike models :smiling3:

Take a book, there are many ideas there!! But not a photography one, I'm talking a normal one.... ;)
Well we have no sea no old building like u we have nothing to inspire us at all only our kids and families cuz of them i breath ahahah

Yeah book i might look for digital version so i can look and read.

Ty for the tip bro

S

Samer Ibrahem

Thank you every one for your comments much appreciated

F

Fenlander

If you like wrecks many years on, this site is very inspirational

http://www.boredpanda.com/tanks-taken-over-by-nature/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I choose my vehicle and if I don't know what battle or what purpose it was in I stick the name in Google and find out its history this is a great way to find out , I then look at images on line to get a feel for the scene I would like , then I look at images of other modellers build to get an idea about placement of buildings , figures and such so I get a mental map of how I want it to look

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Many of my dioramas come from long held visions, or mental 'photos' of things that have struck a note in my mind. All of my modeling is of a military nature except for my most recent [a bulldozer]

Many battles and events also inspire me and I also try to show the human side of war, the horror the carnage and the human emotions that all play their part.

Also it must be something that has meaning to you and not something that you think others would like to see or a copy of others work. I also think photos are a fine source of inspiration, just look up pics of your theme, something will strike you and just take it from there. Hope this helps a bit..............Cheers.....Jim:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4203

I like to think of the places where the model may be located, for example, a plane may be over the sea, flying, in an air battle or on a simple base or in an airfield. A car may be on the road or almost anywhere, perhaps in a garage or under repair, soldiers may be on patrol with a tank or in a heated battle with the enemy, it's up to you ;) :smiling3: :D I sometimes think about making a simple base with grass, sand, or snow, as I said, it depends where the model may be loacated, and depends on the model of course, like a single soldier may be at a sentry post in a forest maybe ;) :smiling3:

Blair

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I look at Ref photos and then the model and how to recreate a certain scene then it's down to a bit of imagination like the others have said ( how dark will the light be around your subject IE day/ night wet dry etc

Now I'm not an expert I am far from it and always learning.

The guys on here can put lots of ideas in your mind just by looking at their work

Happy modelling

Robert

S

Stevekir

A diorama can be simply a way of showing a model in its surroundings. For example in Britain an agricultural tractor set on a simple surface looking like a corn field. With this type of diorama the model is the main thing. Or it can be more complex and tell a story, with several related models in a more complex setting: a family on a roadside picnic with a table cloth, hamper, food, cups etc. a small dog and a car in the background. This could be modern, or like a photo I saw belonging to a big country house: the scene was from the 1920s, the butler in livery (tail coat) and holding a bottle of Champagne, the people in 1920 dress, and it spoke volumes about the leisured classes (like the TV program Downton Abbey). Or a hoopla stall at a fairground (the problem being to hang the ring in mid air).

None of this is very like Iraq! But how about a roadside stall selling something, with the seller holding something up and calling out, and people standing around with one holding out a hand, and one walking away holding something bought. A string of light bulbs (alight if it was dark), a telegraph or telephone pole or street sign nearby, a dog, children, a passing handcart with items to sell ..... There are lots of figures and other things available from model suppliers.

I looked at https://twitter.com/IraqPics and found a huge number of photos of Iraq. Here a are some that could be ideas for a

diorama. In fact I rather like the idea of the first:

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

S

Samer Ibrahem

\ said:
A diorama can be simply a way of showing a model in its surroundings. For example in Britain an agricultural tractor set on a simple surface looking like a corn field. With this type of diorama the model is the main thing. Or it can be more complex and tell a story, with several related models in a more complex setting: a family on a roadside picnic with a table cloth, hamper, food, cups etc. a small dog and a car in the background. This could be modern, or like a photo I saw belonging to a big country house: the scene was from the 1920s, the butler in livery (tail coat) and holding a bottle of Champagne, the people in 1920 dress, and it spoke volumes about the leisured classes (like the TV program Downton Abbey). Or a hoopla stall at a fairground (the problem being to hang the ring in mid air).
None of this is very like Iraq! But how about a roadside stall selling something, with the seller holding something up and calling out, and people standing around with one holding out a hand, and one walking away holding something bought. A string of light bulbs (alight if it was dark), a telegraph or telephone pole or street sign nearby, a dog, children, a passing handcart with items to sell ..... There are lots of figures and other things available from model suppliers.

I looked at https://twitter.com/IraqPics and found a huge number of photos of Iraq. Here a are some that could be ideas for a

diorama. In fact I rather like the idea of the first:

View attachment 142941

View attachment 142942

View attachment 142943

View attachment 142944
dear sir all the pics u posted are cool and yeah from old iraq now we have nothing like this also i am looking forward to build some wars diorama for now ill be looking more in the inet and i try to get some books to read aswell since this hobby giving me a real good mood and keep me calm ^^

thanks for all your help and your nice words to me i appreciated

N

noble

try searching for old archive photos, these can inspire you when building a kit as well as for dioramas, try looking at lots of photos and take little bits that you like from each photo and put all of these little bits together to create a diorama. Once you have your first one under your belt thinking of ideas becomes easier.

scott

First Name
Stuart
I just look at the sceanary around me like old barns/buildings and so on then add a touch of imagination to put my model in that scene.change a few things here and there.

it depends on the kit you start with 

First Name
Stuart
You also need look no further than this site as the dioramas on here are fantastic.

again just take a few ideas from ones you like the look of and mix them up