Dora 1/35

First Name
Stuart
Congratulations Scott on the final result.

It looks amazing .

Hope you got a cabinet big enough to display it in

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all I know this was from 3 yrs ago but does this guy Scott still come on here as I would like to see his dora gun in full size pics as when it comes up on my pc it show only half the gun an its a pity as I was finding this gun fasanating this was the german rail gun that weighed in at about a thound tons isn't it ?
chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Yes, this is the gun that had a crew of something like 500 troops to operate it. “Dora” was actually the name of the second (and last) example built; the first was Schwerer Gustav (“Heavy Gustav”).

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Christopher,
Scotts last activity was 17/06/2019, you could try and start a conversation with him as if he is still a member of the forum it will show in his domestic email.
I hope that helps regards Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Christopher,
Scotts last activity was 17/06/2019, you could try and start a conversation with him as if he is still a member of the forum it will show in his domestic email.
I hope that helps regards Jim
HI Jim many thanks for your reply i'll have a try
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well jim there is no start conversation on his board so I cannot contact him
chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
well jim there is no start conversation on his board so I cannot contact him
chris
Click on his name. The select, 'start a conversation' I've never used this feature before, but it might work. Have a go, nothing to lose.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris,
I've just tried Colins method and the start a converstion button is not visible but if you click on the email button on the top of the page and manually type Noble his avatar appears so try that way.
regards Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI COLIN there is no conversation tag on his avtar an I have just contacted Al a staff member as I have not got one either so no one can talk to me either so i'll see if he can sort it an thanks Jim i'll have a go at your suggestion
chris

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris,
I can see the start a conversation on your avatar but you won't as talking to yourself is frowned upon :money-face: , If the other way I posted doesn't work I'm sorry but have no other ideas.
regards Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris,
I can see the start a conversation on your avatar but you won't as talking to yourself is frowned upon :money-face: , If the other way I posted doesn't work I'm sorry but have no other ideas.
regards Jim
AH Jim so it shows when you bring up my avatar sayin start conversation then ?
chris

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris,
I can and will start a conversation with you but the reason you can't see the start a conversation on your own avatar is that you can't email yourself.
hope that explains it better.
regards Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris,
I can and will start a conversation with you but the reason you can't see the start a conversation on your own avatar is that you can't email yourself.
hope that explains it better.
regards Jim
YEA I got it now Jim cheers I don't know what I was thinking of not my self tonight to much tiger I reckon an when I see my avartar I thought it would show like this all to everone if you see what I mean
chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You also can’t start one with Scott:

Conversation with Scott.png

He has probably turned off the option that just anyone can start a conversation with him.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You also can’t start one with Scott:
He has probably turned off the option that just anyone can start a conversation with him.
CHEERS Jakko that's what started off my own little fiasgo on conversation on avatar as I was hopein to ask him to put up some full size pics of that dora gun as it was about 5.5 ft long so now i'll never see them :sad:

AN Ron cheers again you say
Scott has 'Emigrated' OH what a pity his model looked out of this world an the pics wont show the whole model on my pc oh well never mind
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN does anyone know if the build of that big gun is on here ?
Chris