Doug's 1/72 Academy Ju 87 G-1 - completed

D

Doug Hughes

This build is part of Peter's suggested Stuka group build. It was completed in a record time for me - 38 days. That's a tribute to the quality of the kit, and a little extra motivation from the fact that it was a group build. Thanks for suggesting this one, Peter - it's been an inspired GB choice.

The build is OOB, except that I used the Eduard canopy mask, and the propeller, spinner, spats and main wheels are resin parts from Quickboost (so not very OOB really, then!). The kit is well detailed and was an absolute pleasure to build. Even the notorious Academy decals behaved themselves impeccably.

P1000762.JPG
P1000763.JPG P1000764.JPG P1000765.JPG P1000766.JPG P1000767.JPG P1000768.JPG P1000769.JPG

D

dubster72

That's excellent Doug & extra marks for you for filling in the weird depression on the left wing! I don't know when mine will be done, but I'm not tackling that ;)

Can I ask what colours you used? Not being an aircraft person, one of the splinter camo colours looks rather brown?

Cheers

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome Stuka Doug. Very cleanly finished.

Like Patrick, one of the splinter colours looks brownish to me, but it doesn't detract from what is otherwise a great looking result.

D

Doug Hughes

Can I ask what colours you used? Not being an aircraft person, one of the splinter camo colours looks rather brown?

Cheers
Colours are all Vallejo, and the one in question is 71.015 Olive Grey. It has 'RLM 71' written on the bottle, but you're absolutely right, Patrick, it does look a bit brown. I'll say the original aircraft was painted in a dodgy batch, and remember to look for a better match next time!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top class work doug , its a testament to the quality of the build that it looks at least 1/48 scale , cheers tony

D

dubster72

Colours are all Vallejo, and the one in question is 71.015 Olive Grey. It has 'RLM 71' written on the bottle, but you're absolutely right, Patrick, it does look a bit brown. I'll say the original aircraft was painted in a dodgy batch, and remember to look for a better match next time!

Wouldn't be the first time that I've seen a Vallejo colour that's not quite as expected Doug! I still have nightmares about their German yellow ochre that was more like olive drab!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great model and superb painting Doug - It's top work whatever colour it's meant to be. I reckon the paint has reacted to the environment it finds itself in - the sun and rain, etc, etc. ;)

Nice one.

B

Builder

Superb result Doug. Great canopy work and excellent finish.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I nearly missed this one Doug. The build and finish looks great, then I realised it's 1:72. Even better.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
It's a little cracker Doug great work all round mate.