Dragon 1:35 Sd.Kfz. 250/8 NEU 7.5cm KwK37(L/24) 'Stummel' (prod.no. 6102)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Hi everyone

First semi-completed model posted on this forum for me.

This was my first Dragon kit (and my first GB, "Halbkettenfahrzeug Gruppenbau", hosted by Adam Mann on Google+), and it very quickly wet my appetite for more, so I've got a bunch of them lately, and am currently building a T-34/76 (prod.no. 6205) for the Allied Tanks GB on this venerable forum.

Below is a bunch of pictures of the partly finished model, which is built Out of the Box. The kit contained no photo-etch, and only 3 balkenkreuz as decals (so, I hand painted the instrument panel, rather than buying 9 euros worth of decals for an 18 euro kit).

Very much looking forward to building more of Dragon's kit, as even this one from 1998 had almost zero mold lines, and absoluty no flash whatsoever. I am very impressed and delighted by kits of this quality. Also, the instructions were pretty good. Only one instance left me in doubt (the small rear light dangling from the left back, which I believe I found the correct spot for on a photo).

I am not an experienced modeller, since my main interest is gauge 1 digitally operated trains. When building in scale 1:35 or 1:32, I am basically doing it to supplement my railroad, e.g. by putting German vehicles on WWII wagons (since almost all gauge 1 rolling stock is German, it limits my options in that regard).

Since I do not have a lot of experience, I very much welcome constructive criticism if you have any of that on offer. I am unsatisfied with the yellow wash on the hood of the vehicle, which is unfortunately a failed experiment, but on the other hand also a learning experience. I think I should have gloss coated the model, then put on the wash, so I could have used stronger agents to rub off most of it. I just used a moist cotton bud to wipe on the Vallejo acrylic wash, and it did not take, as you can plainly see.:confused:

I want to at least put some mud stains and pigments on the tracks before I call it completely finished.

I recorded a lot of the build process, so in time, I will put up a build video on my YouTube-channel (Spur1Denmark).

Happy building, everyone!

DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0002.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0013.JPG