Dragon T-34/76 1941 mod. (prod. no. 6205)

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Thanks, Tommy!

The build is now complete enough for everything to get painted, then a tiny bit of assembly left, along with decalling. Then: weathering! :D

The gun elevates and the turret rotates. Otherwise, there's no functionality.

DSC_0005 (3).JPG DSC_0004 (3).JPG DSC_0003 (4).JPG DSC_0002 (5).JPG DSC_0001 (5).JPG

Last edited:
S

Shotmagnet

I'm building this kit as part of a how-to guide I'm putting together aimed at the average or newish modeler. Needless to say that your build is informing mine, in a good way.

Shot

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I'm building this kit as part of a how-to guide I'm putting together aimed at the average or newish modeler. Needless to say that your build is informing mine, in a good way.

Shot

Thank you, that's certainly encouraging!

I am currently painting wheels, so I have to admit that almost no progress has been made, owing to time restraints (not lack of interest).

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
HELP NEEDED FROM SMARTER MODELLERS!

I am trying to assemble the PE versions of the belts going around some boxes, and I just don't feel that I get it quite right.:sad: The instructions aren't very helpful to meo_O, but I will post a picture of the instruction part, then what I've managed to bend and assemble.:eek: If anyone could please help me understand how I am supposed to do this right, that would really be appreciated.

Thank you everyone who reads this :oops:

View attachment 281443 View attachment 281444 View attachment 281445 View attachment 281446 View attachment 281447 View attachment 281448
That looks right to me!

Pete

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
So, I know this GB has long since been due to finish, but other parts of life has a way of interrupting people's modelling. I am no different :smiling:

For anyone who might still be interested, please find below pictures of parts of the now assembled tank. (The current status of the project is that it is completely assembled with decals and gloss coated, so ready for weathering! Pictures of that coming up!)

I particularly like the track sag on this one. Clear minusses are the lack of any discernible way of fixing the two metallic cables to the tank, and my mistake with the track links on one side, which must apparently be one link too short :sad: Better luck next time, I guess, but I did make them match before painting, so I have not been critical enough of the length. Something to learn for next time I make an indie-link vehicle, for sure!

I would like to again underline just what a pleasure it was to build this Dragon kit: Parts look absolutely stunning, on this kit fit absolutely beautifully, and the instructions were - for once - sufficient. Photo etch minimal, and easy to apply. I had to scratch build the brown holders for the spare tracks (used thin, flat Evergreen plastic strip), as the ones the kit came with would not bend, they would break! All in all, I heartily recommend this kit to any fan of T-34s.

DSC_0009 (2).JPGDSC_0008 (3).JPGDSC_0007 (3).JPGDSC_0006 (3).JPGDSC_0005 (4).JPGDSC_0004 (4).JPGDSC_0003 (5).JPGDSC_0002 (6).JPGDSC_0001 (7).JPG

Happy modelling!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Christian.
Nice, looks a good well produced detailed model.
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Christian,
Nice build, as to the tow cables may I suggest using some suitable thread to tie the eyes to the towing hooks on the vehicle to simulate them being tied off.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Thanks, guys! I will look into the rope thing, so it can look realistic. It's a good idea, Scottie.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Pictures of the current state of the T-34/76. It has been gloss coated with cheap rattle-can product. The decals on the turret were applied after a pre-emptive, additional layer of gloss coat. I am not sure if I caused silvering this time around, or if it's something else, but I realise it's not possible to determine this through the pictures. Just mentioning, and maybe it'll go away once for instance the surface is matt coated after weathering. I hope so!

IMG_0360.JPGIMG_0359.JPGIMG_0358.JPGIMG_0357.JPG

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Christian.
Nice ! As we can't see the silvering why worry. Annoying with out doubt but it be disguisd if your going to apply weathering.
John .

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
First layer of dark green wash, excess removed a few days later with Vallejo Airbrush cleaner on a cotton bud.

It's subtle right now, but when compared to the pre-weather images above, I feel the difference is clear.

Love the surface texture of the turret barrel hold.Capturea.JPGCaptureb.JPGCapturec.JPG

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Christian.
Now that looks good, are you going to do some pin washes. Nice surface to work on, so the wash will flow well.
Looking fwd to the next up date. The T34/ 76 was my first build, a great model to work on.
John.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Hi Christian.
Now that looks good, are you going to do some pin washes. Nice surface to work on, so the wash will flow well.
Looking fwd to the next up date. The T34/ 76 was my first build, a great model to work on.
John.
Thank you! I thought this was pin washing? What is, then?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Christian.... Sorry I've had another look...... Only have one good eye ! :smiling3:
John.

Hi John - absolutely no problem! I was just thinking maybe I - as a relative newcomer - had misunderstood what a pinwash was!