Dremel Right Angle Attachment

I

IainM

I was recently faced with the need to drill some holes in transverse bulkheads and shorten the internal length of a pair of prop tubes on a 24" plank and frame hull. I did not fancy the 'sharp blow with a hammer' approach to dismounting araldited in prop tubes!!

The bulkhead holes proved to be a pretty nigh impossible. All the usual tricks like red hot nails held in pliers just were not working.

As for the prop tubes, cutting with fine saw blades couldn't be done because of intervening deck structures.

I had been investigating the possibility of getting an old dentist drill .. the belt driven type, but this just wasn't going anywhere. By pure chance I came across a Right Angle attachment for the Dremel drills (Part 575). I alrady had a 395 drill so ......

This solved all the problems .. and a few I didn't know I had as well !!

I would certainly recommend this for those hard to get at jobs.

However, beware .. the attachment only fits type 395 & 398 drill bodies - the ones with the threaded nose (and removable collar). I guess if you had to buy the whole lot, the hammer approach may sound very attractive!

I attach a simple pikky

View attachment 7209

/monthly_2004_11/dremel1.jpg.033960af36836268ccb1c03c0a4bf7be.jpg

View attachment 11904

View attachment 12504

dremel1.jpg

A

ajg141

I was using mine last night Iain! Can I add to your list the flexible shaft (part no. 225). It can get right into narrow spaces where the wide end of the Dremel won't fit.

andrew