Eduard 1:48 FW 190 A-5 - Colprit

C

colprit

Good Idea So I thought I would start my build thread off. I will put up Box and Sprue shots after start date

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Same kit as me :cool2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
nice choice colin, lots to be going on with there! good luck with the build

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Lookin well good Colin. Love the seat belts. Never tried etched parts before.

C

colprit

Allyne, this is my first attempt at etched parts and must say if I 'd have known how small these thing can be I would of gone to specsavers.lol

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
That engine is a work of art, nice work Colin.

Have fun, John

C

colprit

thanks for the coments guys, trying to find some photos of one of these being worked on by ground crew, If anyone has any ideas they would be welcome AS IM THINKING OF HAVING ALL THE HATCHES OPEN WITH THE GROUND CREW WORKING ON THE PLANE.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
These may help. Good shot of the fuselage armament.It is an unbulged wing root panel covering the smaller MG131 but gives a good idea of the arrangement in there. I've added a couple of nice ones showing the engine with covers off. Three of these pictures were taken as the americans "reverse engineered" the aircraft.

I'll have a shufty through some books to see if I've any piccies featuring ground crew. I know I've got a refuelling one which I posted here before on a "bucket" thread!

Cheers

Steve

View attachment 22907

View attachment 22908

View attachment 22909

View attachment 22910

190 mgs..jpg

mg131v5ph1..jpg

BMW801 3..jpg

BMW801 again..jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nicly done ! Looks like these Edward kits are worth the money. I belive that they do a set for this plane with all the hatches and wotnots.

Looking forwards to seeing this one.

B

Backbreaker

Great job on a great kit, I've yet to experience PE and by all accounts I'll need a good magnifier, any tips Colin.

Joolz

C

colprit

Joolz, by what I've seen of your model building abilities, I would of thought doing the PE would'nt be a problem for you. The only thing in the way of magnifiers I've got is one of those stands with a small magnifing glass an some croc clips to hold items in, that you are able to move around to different positions, think its called extra hands or something like that, I got it from hobbycraft stores. I also had my reading glasses on which I do when modelling anyway because of the small parts. I have a large handheld magnifing glass as well but it is a much use as a chocolate ashtray to be honest. If I had some spare cash I think I would purchase one of those headworn magnifiers I think Graham mentioned it in one of his posts. Good luck with it mate.

C

colprit

Steve, thanks for the photos I was wondering how the engine cover was hinged and these show it well. also there's a bucket in the photo to that will please some on here. Cheers Colin

C

colprit

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So decal time soon then.

Looks fine so far, Some of those photos are a bit fuzzy though.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cool! There's a lot of detail in that kit so ,as Graham said, it's nice to see the access oanels opened up.

Cheers