Eduard 1:48 FW 190 A-5 - Colprit

C

colprit

yeah sorry about the photos shoot Ian not really a David Bailey but I am getting better than I was

C

colprit

Steve and Graham, I thought it was a waste not to show them open but wasn't sure if the engine hatch opened that way or not really. But after looking at the photos that steve posted (I think) I thought it showed the way I've done it, so hope it is right.

thanks all for your comments, I am still trying to get some ground crew figures as cheep as possible waiting to see what my local supplier can do.

Last edited:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Looks good, how did you find the kit? I'm finding things just aren't fitting how they should do, but that might just be me

C

colprit

John, on a hole the kit was very good really, I had only two issues with the fit. One was a bit of filling around wings to fuselage and I had to cheat by cutting a bit off the gun supports to get the gun cover to go on. The only other thing I did was break the first canopy so I just used the other option.

But the etched parts what nightmare, might try my hand at it again but must get some gator glue and maybe get some laser treatment to my eyes. HaHa. Look forward to seeing yours good luck with it.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had to cut off the gun supports, thought it was me that had done something wrong

F

Fenlander

The Eduard kits do need a bit of work. They are not bad fits but they are very, very precise. Anything slightly out of place will stop them fitting correctly. I have issues with the cover in front of the windscreen, it does fit but because it locates like a hinge on the top of the firewall, which I have managed to get slightly out of line, the canopy is slightly off line to. My main problem, but not insurmountable is that my engine seems too long. I have dry fitted it and the fan on the end of the shaft almost comes through the front cowling. Something else I suspect is down to the firewall not being in the right place.

D

dubster72

So am I now regretting my choice of kit to enter the GB? Not a bit! Sounds like a challenge.... ;)

D

dubster72

\ said:
You will not regret it Patrick, they are modellers models.
So all I've got to do is find a modeller to make it for me! lol! I should get the kit Monday so I'll post up some pics & crack on with it. btw sorry to hijack your thread Col!

Patrick

C

colprit

You are probably right about the fit issue Graham. Over all Iam very impressed with the quality of Eduards kits if this anything to go by, and I would definitely try another one. But take more time dry fitting everything first. As for this one to only have two issues with it for a first Eduard kit I am quite pleased with my effort. Oh Patrick you will enjoy doing this as Graham has already said they are GREAT KITS FOR MODELLERS.