Eduard 1:48 Lysander Profipack

R

Rupert Carss

I've got some Daler Rodney acrylic ink in black that shoots really nicely. It has a slight red mettalic tinge to it when it dries. It's quite nice actually.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start Rupert . the cockpit looks excellent . The black scheme is my favourite too , the SOE Lysanders did some vital work picking up and dropping off agents and stranded airmen in the dead of night in occupied France . cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The black conundrum.
Take your black paint and thin a few drops right out to the point where the pigments separate. Some brands you will see green pigment, some blue and others reds.
It sounds a bit daft but black paint is normally an extremely dark version of one of the prime colours.
By finding the base for the black you have helps in toning it down. If it has a green pigment add green, red, add red and so on.
Your Lissy, Colin looks purple probably due to adding red to a blue based black.
As a side point, a green based black with a bit of added green makes for quite a good rubber tyre colour.
Also the RAF did not use black either, they used a colour aptly named night, a 'modern' derivative of lamp black, which was 100% matt, and had a red/brown tint. It was made with soot added to binders. Problem is the binders where not that effective and the 'paint' rubbed off onto anything that touched in.

I will be watching this build as I quite fancy a Lysander.

J

John Rixon

Cockpit section.
You just gotta love the PE seatbelts. They just make the office pop. Not much in the way of weathering, just a little bit of a mettalic drybrush here and there to suggest a little bit of wear.
I have dry fitted this section to the fuselage and there will be some sanding to do to get a good fit. However, this level of detail in a kit invites one to have an open canopy. View attachment 289625
Excellent! Loving the radio detail! Great to see such an unusual subject, these birds deserve their place in aviation history, they did awesome work!

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
I watched Allied last night in which Brad Pitt flies one of these birds over to the French resistance, looked a bit shiny but would imagine it was more of a Matt finish originally as Ian has said, great subject and looking forward to seeing more.

T

Trekkie_John

My first aircraft model was a Lysander (Matchbox i think), and loved them ever since. Great work so far Rupert, going to keep an eye on this one.

Have fun, John

R

Rupert Carss

Hi chaps... Just a quick line to let you know that this build will conti is shortly following an unexpected work trip.
Assembly is nearly complete so expect pictures soon...

P

Petitboulon

Very good job !

I want to make one !!!

It seems it is a very good kit