Revell Ventura 1\48

B

Buttonman

Starting this baby today am feeling real confidant with this one with what ive learn't from you guys and my own projects.

Cheers

Martin

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great choice martin, it looks a lovely kit. I know DaveW is doing one too and he says its a beauty, looking forward to seeing the build , cheers tony

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
It certainly looks a nice kit. Revell certainly have 'come on' since what I remember of them from the 70's...

First Name
Michael
Some of these Revell kits are crackin' value for money, this looks like a nice one.

cheers M

First Name
Dave
As Tony said,i've got this kit and its superb.I havent started it yet as i moved house last february and am spending all my spare time working on the new house.Don't know when i will be able to start it as ive loads of DIY to do including converting my garage into a model making room.So I will be following this build closely for when i start mine later this year.One question i have regarding this kit is Revell supply two octopus decals for the dorsal turret area.They are different colours so will have to do some research to work out which is the correct one to use.

A

andyrobs

This is akit I've got my on so I'll be following this one for sure!!!

Cheers, Andrew

O

Oggy

Good luck with the build. I will be watching with interest after my Mosquito.

(PS I am guessing living close to Frome Model shop is quite dangerous ;) )

B

Buttonman

Righto to start what a loverly kit the 2 octopus decals are for 2 different models so no rush to the books, Oggy YES thats why my missus takes me once a month and i usually get spoiled.

Very little flash little bit on the ejector pins, Plastic is very soft so watch your trimming it's realy detailed but the cockpit sides have panels with nothing to go on them seeing as the control panel is individual decals so WWRD? i dug out all my spare decals and covered the panels even put a bit of pe on.

then it all seemed to go so fast.

Wish all my builds were this easy.

Martin

First Name
Michael
A nice aircraft and a tidy looking kit, may have to invest. Great job on the cockpit.

First Name
Dave
Loking good.Thanks for clearing up the octopus decal question.I obviously didnt read the instructions properly

B

Buttonman

Thanks Guys, The only thing i wish this kit had was a window masking sheet as there's so many windows.

Martin

T

treyzx10r

Martin you're really moving on this build and it looks great!!

B

Buttonman

Hey guys been a reall beatifull build but have hit a massive wall have tried very hard to get the octopus decal on but i can't do it so i've come up with something really drastic so it's all on hold at the moment.

Cheers

Martin