F1 Race Cars G.B May-August 2018. Chat Thread.

P

Polux

Yep!! Hi everyone!!
A new GB is on the way. A really speedy one.... :tongue-out3:

Remember, you must build F1 cars.
That means open wheeled race cars, formula one, two, three,... or the US versions as well. Grand Prix, type cars.
Please, NO sports cars like Le Mans, rally cars, etc.

For any doubt you could comment use this thread as always :tongue-out3:

Let’s modelling!!!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
As a new member, I would like to participate in this GB - it's been a loong time since I made a F1 car - but, lurking in my stash, I have a Tamiya Braun Tyrrell and a Honda RA 272, both in 1/20. I'll have to dig the boxes out, blow the dust off, and see which takes my fancy!
Dave

First Name
Wouter
Well not committing myself to the GB I do like a bit of F1 (went to see it couple of years ago twice at Spa) and built a McLaren in the past. So I will be following to interest which cars will be chosen to construct!

P

Polux

As a new member, I would like to participate in this GB - it's been a loong time since I made a F1 car - but, lurking in my stash, I have a Tamiya Braun Tyrrell and a Honda RA 272, both in 1/20. I'll have to dig the boxes out, blow the dust off, and see which takes my fancy!
Dave
You are more than welcome Dave!
You can start your own thread on that section.
Title must be, for example: “Dave’s 1/20 Tyrrell F1 GB.”
On the first post we always show a picture of the sprues, instructions, etc....
The golden rule is start to build the model following the calendar. You can start later...but never before :tongue-out3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks, Polux, I've got a new model on the bench that needs finishing, before I think of starting a wheelly thing - It'll take a while for me to find the boxes, anyway!

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I have a 1/8 scale of Ayrton Senna's MP4 McLaren this gives me a good excuse to build it

Regards

Colin

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've evicted a few spiders, and blown the dust off...................................
tamiya tyrrell.jpg
I'm going to have a go at this first, and If it goes well, I may even do this later on...........
tamiya honda ra272.jpg
I'm in the process of building a Mig-21 at the moment, but I'll be starting the Tyrrell sometime next week

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
Hi
This is going to be my entry for the f1 gb
IMG_0105.JPG

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Steve,
nice choice, have you got the correct colour for the Red Bull blue? I seem to remember reading it was a semi-metallic finish that was difficult to reproduce....................
Dave

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
Hi Dave I'm not sure about that I'm going to be using zero paints on this as the tamiya call out is only available in there rattle cans