Fathers Day Present: Klingon Battle Cruiser

R

rjwood_uk

Right, i saw this model in nigels gallery and instantly wanted to do it for my dad for fathers day as he is a big Trekie

the kit is made my AMT Ertle and has been out of production for a long time, i managed to get one off ebay for £27 (i think) other places have them on the net for £40+

being old the plastic isnt great and some parts were warped but it didnt prove to be too much of a problem.

It took about 3 weeks to complete, it would have had been done alot quicker but having to hide all the bits when ever my dad was in and making sure he didnt come in my room when i was making it prooved to be quite a challenge!!!

thank you to Nigel for all the help and advice he gave me on this kit,

here are some (alot) of pictures....sorry i got finger happy!!

the stand was sprayed with a gold laqure (containting gold leaf) a little tip; make sure if you do want to use laqure that you put a few base primers on first and leave to cure for at least a week as the laqure will corrode the plastic!!!

comments (good or bad) questions all welcome.

View attachment 14195

View attachment 14196

View attachment 14197

View attachment 14198

View attachment 14199

View attachment 14200

View attachment 14201

View attachment 14202

View attachment 14203

View attachment 14204

View attachment 14205

View attachment 14206

View attachment 14207

View attachment 14208

View attachment 14209

P1010319.jpg

P1010322.jpg

P1010323.jpg

P1010324.jpg

P1010325.jpg

P1010326.jpg

P1010327.jpg

P1010328.jpg

P1010329.jpg

P1010331.jpg

P1010332.jpg

P1010333.jpg

P1010334.jpg

P1010335.jpg

P1010336.jpg

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice work Richard,

I hope your Dad appreciated it too !!!

Regards.......Mark

B

Bluewavestudios

Thank God for that !!!

I was just thinking I had missed it too !!!

MMM Like I said in another earlier post...it has been a LONG day and most of it outside in the sunshine too.....have caught the sun quite a bit too !!!

Been out with my 2 dogs for ages on the beach and then time out with the Skyline and the NSX Chassis on test too !!!

My Best Father's Day present is in the making....a Dehavilland DH-2 Beaver in Army Air Corps Markings...the last plane my Dad Flew before retiring from the Army....8 foot wingspan and the Fuselage is just about complete.

Regards......Mark

T

tigertc

AMT stuff is notoriously bad in both fit and the quality of plastic, i've just finished a SW Fibre Optic Star Destroyer and Millennium Falcon for my kid. An absolute nightmare nothing fit and the plastic melted to much when the glue took hold (Almost like it was polystyrene). Whether the melt effect was down to the age of plastc i have no idea.

I will get some piccys posted after i have filled all the gaps, need to find a shop thet sells model filler by the kilo first though!

Good job on the BoP though...RESPECT dude!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Good job there RJW,and a very kind thought as well,he should just love it.

Some of this older Stryne is soft as pudding and varies in quality,modern adhesives are a bit fierce for it.

R

rjwood_uk

thanks alot for the comments guys

i am quite chuffed with it!!!

just realised i didnt get a picture of the underside, will get one up tonight!

B

Bunkerbarge

Richard, Can you send me the text that you want putting onto decal paper again.

Thanks.

R

rjwood_uk

thanks char, got to think how to wrap it up before sunday!!!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That articulate milk carton is fun,is it radio controlled RJW ?

R

rjwood_uk

yes but unfortunatly the transponder broke so it got stuck making the same movements!

A

AerynPk

lol yes well you could put it in a cardboard box wit loads of polystirene

A

AerynPk

Yes i do thought i might join in considering my first avatar would have been animated but it would not allow it.

R

rjwood_uk

where did u get that from?

i cant find any websites with decent ones on so im going to have to try and make one!!