Fenlander's Hummer IDF Ambulance

C

CDW

some decent progress going on here Graham, like you say it looks like there's a fair amount of interior painting to do before it's all buttoned up ... it'll be worth it though.

F

Fenlander

Cheers guys, next step is a bit of primer so I will know more from that how trick/easy it will be to spray in the confined areas. It is indeed like having two kits not helped by the fact that the inner rear 'floats' a bit in that it does not always actually attach to the outer where I would like it to. Gluing the rear body to the chassis is going to be great fun lol.

Ron, I am sure no matter what you do it will become your own and I know your base will set it off. I saw your question re ground detail, I am sure I read in one of the posts that this was OK, I had a plan to do some anyway but will await the definitive answer before I plan that to far, good point.

C

CDW

\ said:
I saw your question re ground detail, I am sure I read in one of the posts that this was OK, I had a plan to do some anyway but will await the definitive answer before I plan that to far, good point.
Ditto, i thought i'd read similar about a small bit of detailing being ok.

F

Fenlander

Right, braved the cold and went out into the shed to do some priming. A quick blast over the bits I ned to work on next using my favourite Vallejo Polyurethane Acrylic Primer this time I used Nato Green primer for two reasons. One, I was intending to leave the cab interior in Nato Green but have since changed my mind as it would have most likely been re sprayed in IDF colours, two, I had not used it before and wanted to see what t looked like as my 1:24 Humber Pig will be in Nato Green and it looks spot on.

This needs to fully cure now before I start spraying the interior of the rear body and doing a bit of detailing. Not much as little will be visible.

This shows the replacement 'Bull Bar' and mounting bracket for the IDF version. Also, you can see the replacement resin wheels that are loosely in place.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good. Its quite a detailed kit by the look of it.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Coming along nicely Graham. Cant wait ti see you do your stuff on this one.

Andy

F

Fenlander

Was hoping to spray interior today but, when I plucked up the courage to go out into shed, I could not find the pot of paint. I was sure I had one and my stock spreadsheet tells me I have one but be blowed if I can find it. So, poor stock control stops play today

T

treyzx10r

Graham thats really looking great,shame a misplaced jar of paint slowed ya up! Looking forward to seeing more done when you get that missing paint issue resolved! cheers Trey

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Graham , ive got some spare pots of sand colour paint i got off a bloke in the pub the other day when i was down peterborough!!LOL , seriously , its looking very nice, looking forward to seeing more progress , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

More annoying than anything else Trey. I am sure I will be able to do something else or even make a mix to get me through the week lol.

F

Fenlander

Ha....... found the missing paint, and sprayed the inside of the rear ambulance body, will post some pics when I have detail painted it. I was going to do all sorts in back for added detail but it would never be seen so I am just going for a finish on this one.

F

Fenlander

Tony, tut tut.... teasing an old chap like that lol. However the paint was for the inside of the ambulance body so not sand but a greeny blue...... If you got paint cheap of a bloke in Peterborough, don't be surprised if the Police and a B&Q van pull up outside....

Anyway, been a funny week but some progress has been made on the bulk of it.

The main body has been sprayed with Vallejo Israeli Sand Grey Primer which will be the finish colour. Only attempt at painting the dash has been a drybrush as it will not be seen

The inside of the ambulance body is done apart from a bit of touching up that the pictures have revealed.....

The rear body inner roof then goes on, not glued yet

Then the body fits on the chassis, again not glued yet

Then the outer roof

Then the inside with all the bodywork on. I now know that cutting the doors open at the front so you can see through to the cab was the right decision as has given it more depth.

The panel above the windscreen at the front of the rear body overhang is a resin replacement for the IDF version. (No the roof is not glued on)

And a final view with the wheels on. It will all be taken to bits again now for touch up, final detail painting and then it will get glued up. The rear body with the false inside walls, roof and floor is very heavy, when it is all together, it feels more like a resin kit than plastic!

Last edited:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks superb buddy really top notch

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Looking good Graham, following with interest

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That looks really nice Graham, it's coming on a treat....

Ron

M

mobear

that is gorgeous on the inside mate,i would be well pleased with that finish

mobear

P

Polux

Looking very good Graham, and love this detailed thread!

Waiting to see this superb work finished.

Polux

C

CDW

looks good dry-fitted together.

You're right about the cut doors ... certainly makes a difference being able to see through to the cab, i take it you'll have the rear doors open on display?

I'm wondering if i could get away with a big bull-bar on mine ... basically i'm jealous :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: