Fenlander's Hummer IDF Ambulance

F

Fenlander

Lol, the Bull Bar is the IDF version and yes, the back doors will be open but the cab doors shut

C

CDW

That'll look smart, and it would have been a waste not to show the stretchers etc at the end of the day.

Just had a look-see on t'interweb and the Tamiya m1025 has a bull bar too, the academy one i'm doing builds primarily as a miltary police version so no bull bar ... i'm building it as the camo'd carrier version so i feel a scratch build coming on.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This is coming on lovely graham , the interior will certainly benefit from the open back doors , all that great detail and as has been said the open door to the cab adds depth and realism to the interior , keep it up mate , cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Cheers guys.

well, mixed emotions today. Finally got the inner roof glued in place and then sprayed the panes with Ivory to take the Star of David symbols the IDF version caries. I thought it would be safer to do this before I glued the outer roof in place....... errrrr, wrong. Having done the symbols using photo etch stencils which were a nightmare as it was not a flat surface so I could not get proper contact due to a central ridge. After re doing the side ones a couple of times, I thought 'good enough' and put it to one side to dry. Then I tried to get the roof on and it just would not fit!!!!!!

So I have had to pussy foot around the ivory panels and get it as good as I could, but it isn't good.

Then the rear doors, step and side cab doors were fitted only to find that I cannot get the body to fit right now!!!!! Anyway, enough for today, it may resolve itself when I come back to it with fresh eyes. Not great but pressing on. Need to get the body on before I start fitting the fragile resin arial bases and side mirrors etc.

So, for what it is worth and still with a lose body but finally on its wheels

P

Polux

Hello Graham! Looks very well for me!

Maybe was a moved day with it ;) , but it's a great work so far!!

Cheers. Polux

T

treyzx10r

Graham the interior looks great,shame about the ill fitting roof.