Figures for Stalingrad diorama

J

Jack10

Made a start on some figures I'm going to use on my upcoming Stalingrad diorama. These are not finished yet I still need to add some highlights and some weathering to the boots and uniform but here is how they are loooking so far....IMG_2802.JPGIMG_2803.JPGIMG_2804.JPGIMG_2805.JPGIMG_2806.JPG

1/35 scale as usual from me.

Oh and any football fans out there might recognise the guy with the mp40! He has a very similar look to mr Ryan giggs with the stubble and crossed eyes lol

J

Jens Andrée

Looking great I must say!!! :smiling3:
I can already see some of the carnage and action on your Stalingrad diorama!
The Russians better bring umbrellas to fend of those potato mashers ;)

J

Jack10

Thanks guys! Need to find a nice set of Russian figures now to go along with these. I know Tamiya do a very nice set I had years ago!

J

Jens Andrée

Here are a few nice Russian kits that would work fine I think.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/960372-corsar-rex-cr-35010-soviet-soldiers-red-army
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/137124-master-box-ltd-mb3523-soviet-infantry-in-action-1941-1942

If you want to open the wallet wide there are really nice individual resin figures you can buy, but it's going to cost a few quid to create a team and these kits above seems to be of very high quality. I can check the Tamiya range a bit later when I'm on the other computer where I've got all my lists of kits.

J

Jack10

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/170780-master-box-ltd-mb35153-soviet-marines-attack-1941-1942

This is the master box set I already have, I'm in the process of painting them up at the moment just need to buy I few more paints. I'm not sure I'll use them in this diorama as I want the scene to be a very cold winter scene and they don't look ready for winter lol. The kits you suggested look good though I do like master box they are probably as good quality you can get apart from resin kits obciously!

I do want to buy resin one day but for now are just a bit out of my price range

J

Jens Andrée

This is a nice kit, just done recently by one of my favourite modellers, Sergio Solo

I've seen a few really nice Russian winter kits but I thought you were going for non-winter so I'll keep my eyes open!

J

Jack10

This is a nice kit, just done recently by one of my favourite modellers, Sergio Solo

I've seen a few really nice Russian winter kits but I thought you were going for non-winter so I'll keep my eyes open!
They are really nice! Love the detail! Especially the muddy uniforms!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking forward to this build, Jack....Should be a cracker!

Any thoughts for the buildings / background yet?

J

Jack10

Looking forward to this build, Jack....Should be a cracker!

Any thoughts for the buildings / background yet?
lots of rubble and some sort of destroyed building... not got it all planned out yet though need to see what bits n bobs I can get :D got a german halftrack and a stug III that I have available to use if I want. Might be a bit packed If I use both... depends how big I want to make it :confused: any thoughts and advice welcome as always

J

Jack10

Progress on Some soviet marines/sailors I'm painting at the moment. Won't be using these In the Stalingrad dio but will probably use them in another eastern front diorama in the future.

IMG_2813.JPG

They have been a challenge from me as I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and doing something other than GERMANS. So had to have a play around a bit and use a lot of reference pics to find the right colours for the uniform. Lots of very tiny details in some parts too like on the officers cap and the scarf on the guy on the right was tricky too! Hopefully have them
Finished by tonight

J

Jens Andrée

Well done Jack!
Now your German fellows are going to have someone to fight! ;)