Finished 1/72 Airfix Handley Page Hampden

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,

Just completed the blog in the other post of this unique plane...it's ugly and cute. So here's the finished build of one of the Thousand bomber raid participants in the early stages of Bomber Commands campaign into Germany.

445911.jpg445912.jpg445913.jpg445914.jpg445915.jpg445916.jpg445917.jpg445918.jpg445919.jpg445920.jpg445921.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Dave S4

Smashing. Really nice.
Did you take photos of the underside?

First Name
Dave
This has been a great build to follow Richard. Be happy if my one turns out half as good.

D

Deleted member 6559

Very fine work Richard. Airfix's Hampden kit was the first bomber I ever made as a kid, so thanks for the nostalgia trip.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Fellas,

Ross, it's been a while. I'm lurking around your Stuka build and haven't commented yet.
Dave S...yes I have one shot...two in fact of the underside...here it is...
445909.jpg445910.jpg

Dave W, it will and I'll be watching.
Peter, it's been a pleasure to stir nostalgia for you.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Beautiful finish Richard.The old flying suitcase.Lovely work on an old kit.
Excellent.
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks very much Fellas,

The older the kit the more rewarding if it comes out right. :hungry:

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
A wonderful result. I do agree that although working with a state of the art, modern kit is great there is a real sense of achievement in getting a result you are happy with from rather poor beginnings.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Jim,
On reflecting what you said, there is a different kind of satisfaction of achievement but at times you see your collegues completing more state of the art kits faster you tend yo wonder if its all worth it. Well the difference is until they produce a new mold of a Hampden then it is. Can't wait to get my hands on the new Whitley though.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks very much Fellas,

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,
I agree completely I would rather by an old doer upper than a state of the art modern kit it is far more satisfying.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry Richard.......... Missed this altogether. I just can't keep up, one minute in a paddy field, then underneath a Typhoon looking at landing gear. Now this another great build with detail to match.
Could you please inform me of the next batch of builds soI can keep up.:smiling4:
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Guys,

No worries John, I've been putting up old posts in this forum for those who have not seen my work from the previous forum. What surprises me is quite a few members from the previous forum have indicated seeing them for the first time so have the really old guard not migrated here? I know Gary Radford and gang are in Facebook...I'm not a FB guy and hang around here more often. I'll message you the next time I post something new.

Si, I hope by the time you get this you're still here. thanks.

Cheers,
Richard

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well look at that. I built one of these first time around. That could have been about 40 something years ago. Anyway, very nice finish Richard. I like the odd old kit as well, the biggest problem I find is everything is just so thick. Moulding technology was different back in those days.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Colin, old kits are nostalgic. Have always dreamed to build them again with improved skills if I can get the chance. Thick was in in those days...just look at some of the wings. Aerials and pitot tubes were three times the thickness in scale.

Cheers,
Richard