First 2 Russians painted for my Stalingrad diorama

J

Jack10

Tamiyas 1/35 Russian assault infantry arrived in the post at the weekend so I thought I'd make a start on the first couple of figures I'm going to use in my dio, and I must say they were an absolute pleasure to build and paint they went together perfectly. Here's my first 2 figures finished ....
IMG_2999.JPGIMG_3001.JPGIMG_3002.JPGIMG_3003.JPGIMG_3004.JPGIMG_3005.JPGIMG_3006.JPGIMG_3007.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Jack.
These are both very well painted:smiling3:.
This is not a criticism but a tip which you may find useful.
I know that the boots on the figures are black(a very hard colour to paint) but my tip would be to use a very dark brown(almost black)and give a very light dry brushing all over and then more so toward the front of the boot this will bring that extra bit of life to them.
Hope this can be useful to you.
All the best.
Ralph.

J

Jack10

Hi Jack.
These are both very well painted:smiling3:.
This is not a criticism but a tip which you may find useful.
I know that the boots on the figures are black(a very hard colour to paint) but my tip would be to use a very dark brown(almost black)and give a very light dry brushing all over and then more so toward the front of the boot this will bring that extra bit of life to them.
Hope this can be useful to you.
All the best.
Ralph.
Cheers Ralph going to try this thanks will let you know how I get on.

D

Deleted member 4539

Very nice work Jack:smiling3:.
The boots look much better with the brown highlighting:cool:.

J

Jack10

Very nice work Jack:smiling3:.
The boots look much better with the brown highlighting:cool:.
Cheers mate, very subtle but makes a big difference so thanks for the advice, didn't think you'd be able to tell as the photos don't really show it but looks a lot better up close

D

Deleted member 4539

Cheers mate, very subtle but makes a big difference so thanks for the advice, didn't think you'd be able to tell as the photos don't really show it but looks a lot better up close
No problem Jack:smiling3:.
Any other help you need,please ask away.

J

Jack10

I think I might just send all my figures to you Jack in the future because those are damn good! Much better than mine!
Your diorama is going to look great for sure :smiling3:
Feel free to I love figure painting As long as you don't send me the 1/72 scale figs you are getting for your railgun diorama. I don't have the eyes or a steady enough hand for something that small