First ship - Thoughts?

What colour should the front railings be?

• Total voters
D

DanDonde

Hi I'm Dan.

I'm new to this forum. I have been a model maker for around 25 years and have always built aircraft and armour. Recently I'd grown a little tired of the subject matter so fancied a change.

I've always been fascinated with the story of RMS Titanic and, as we just moved to a Victorian house, I thought I'd build a large scale model of her to compliment the house.

After some research I chose the Academy 1/400 kit and also purchase Eduards etch set to go with it.

Anyway, here's a few pictures of my build so far. All critique is welcome as ship modelling is very new to me. I'm mostly concerned about the rigging!

If you're interested, I have a YouTube Channel where here is a video of the fist part of this build. You can get to it here - http://www.youtube.com/c/DanDondeModelling

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6424.JPG
    IMG_6424.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6585.JPG
    IMG_6585.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6589.JPG
    IMG_6589.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6592.JPG
    IMG_6592.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6596.JPG
    IMG_6596.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6597.JPG
    IMG_6597.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6603.JPG
    IMG_6603.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 51
  • sdsd.jpg
    sdsd.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 50

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Just watched this video and a few others ( really coming on well and attention to detail is spot on )
I have a lot to learn still in modelling

Regards

Robert

D

DanDonde

Just watched this video and a few others ( really coming on well and attention to detail is spot on )
I have a lot to learn still in modelling

Regards

Robert

Thank you for your comments. I think we all keep learning. I pick up a new technique or method on every build.

C

cryton 5

hello
first impressive work ,detail a great tribute too the model theme life like i'll look on with you're titanic project was my first build in 2010 ,so it will be off interest you're build good work cry ton

D

DanDonde

hello
first impressive work ,detail a great tribute too the model theme life like i'll look on with you're titanic project was my first build in 2010 ,so it will be off interest you're build good work cry ton

Thank you very much

D

Deleted member 3568

Great work so far. I have the same kit its a bit further on in the build to yours but i have not touched it for ages. It seems fated every time i do anything to it it has an accident. Last time i worked on it i put it at the back of the bench and when i came in from work it was on the floor. No cats and no one inbthe house.
I hope you have better luck with yours.

P

Polux

Hi Dan! Welcome to the forum ;)

Really nice work so far!
I'm building exactly the same kit....anyway, mine, is like all my others projects.... that I will never know if someday will be finished :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Mmmm....wow! The difference with the EP is considerable!

I think the kit is ok, with a good quality. The rigging work seems to be complicated, but is really easy to follow on the instructions.
Personally I'm repainting all the set, inclusive the white parts.

I'm wishing to see your build done :rolleyes:

S

Spree

It's coming on well. It's looking really good. I am also new here (few weeks) and am enjoying seeing the talented builders out there, well their builds at least. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this classic ship..

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Dan! Welcome to the forum :D
Great work so far ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Dan, lovely work so far mate.

D

DanDonde

Great work so far. I have the same kit its a bit further on in the build to yours but i have not touched it for ages. It seems fated every time i do anything to it it has an accident. Last time i worked on it i put it at the back of the bench and when i came in from work it was on the floor. No cats and no one inbthe house.
I hope you have better luck with yours.

Isn't it a nightmare when you beak something! I too have mysterious breakages and items moving. I do also have 4 children in the house which I'm sure is unrelated!!!

D

DanDonde

Hi Dan! Welcome to the forum ;)

Really nice work so far!
I'm building exactly the same kit....anyway, mine, is like all my others projects.... that I will never know if someday will be finished :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
Mmmm....wow! The difference with the EP is considerable!

I think the kit is ok, with a good quality. The rigging work seems to be complicated, but is really easy to follow on the instructions.
Personally I'm repainting all the set, inclusive the white parts.

I'm wishing to see your build done :rolleyes:

Getting them finished is always the challenge! Yes, I'm also repainting it entirely. The rigging is a concern but I'll cross that bridge when I need to! Thank you.

D

DanDonde

It's coming on well. It's looking really good. I am also new here (few weeks) and am enjoying seeing the talented builders out there, well their builds at least. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this classic ship..

Thank you. Some of the work on here is mind boggling isn't it.