Fishing Boat.

P

Polux

The final result, if I build it correctly, must be this lovely fishing boat typical from the Biscay Gulf dedicated to the specialized fishing (boulter, trolling and string).

Is the smaller of deck boats, with binding strakes which go from 10 till 18 meters. Its construction is very solid, predominating fancy woods.

Its complement, depending on the tonnage can be from two up to six men.

SCALE MODEL:

TALHOER (Disarmodel) Ref.20143

Length 17 7/8 inch.

Breadth 5 1/8 inch.

Height 14 3/8 inch.

Scale 1/35 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! simply perfect for a diorama. :smiling3:

View attachment 114598

DSC_1408.JPG

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

That's perfect for a motor and battery. Not only do you get to build a scale model but to make it seaworthy and operational, now there is a challenge.

P

Polux

Thanks Richard!!!

I want to see it over a diorama...... :smiling3:

The next future project should be a big, big steam rc model boat ;)

Thanks again

Polux

G

Graham D

Looking forward to seeing this come together, so I'll be watching

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I love the way you fly off in new directions.

Just follow the plan and I am sure you will build a great model out of that.

Oh. It would be daft not to make it RC ready. It will be hard to do once built, and just because it can run don't mean it has to be ran... :smiling:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
dose look nice Polux,

and some think I,have always like to test myself on as well, ;)

S

steve scan

Look forward to this, I have been toying with building a wooden ship kit, started one years ago but lost my way with it.

B

Bunkerbarge

My way of looking at my own ship build was to add the diorama to the ship rather than add the ship to the diorama. This gave me a working RC model with little dioramas built on it. On the raised quarterdeck accomodation I have a couple of crew having a chat and on the fo'c's'le I have two crew handling ropes ready for the next docking operation. The bridge will also have a Captain and a quartermaster on the wheel, all of which is to put as much detail interest into the model as possible and I guess in a way making it a mobile diorama. There again it is now 12 years in the making and I still haven't finished it so it is more of a long term project.

View attachment 114649

View attachment 114650

View attachment 114651

View attachment 114652

View attachment 114653

001-jpg.26273.jpg

002-jpg.26271.jpg

15-jpg.59545.jpg

017-jpg.26366.jpg

14-03-12-12BenAinConstruction666.jpg

P

Polux

Yesterday I was very excited, because I found this boat....

It was a 1/35, just a perfect one for me, as I love to build dioramas.

I've been looking for a ship for a while, you know it ;) , anyway I have some doubts today :smiling3: .

This boat looks better showed on a base or similar than sailing on the water....I have to mention that I don't know nothing about RC boats, so is very possible that I am wrong!!!

My idea is to come into the boats world with this one, and then purchase someone with fibre hull. Like some of yours.

My travel to Telford is every day a more solid project.

You know if I can find some item at the show? I've been looking the seller's list and don't seems to be any boat one there! but I'm not worried....I'm managing the possibility to come with my own car (I want to visit some places, and prefer my own mobility).

There is a good "real" shop where to buy some RC boat between Telford and Dover?!? :smiling3:

Thanks

Polux

Ps: hope you are interested on this project....because I will need an amount of help!!! I'm quite lost!!

P

Polux

The Ben Ain was a 1/35 scale? 1/32?

And those figures!! They look excellent!! Where they come?!?

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Cool, I'll be watching.:cool:

P

Polux

Forget my last post asking for a shop, guys....I find this!!!

International Model Boat Show.

Organised by Meridienne Exhibitions the event will take place from Friday 6th to Sunday 8th November at the Warwickshire Exhibition Centre, near Leamington Spa.

I'm a lucky man....is on the route to Telford :D :D :D

B

Bunkerbarge

The Warwick show is a superb show and you will find all sorts of things to interest you and help to relieve you of your money! There are also plenty of excellent mail order vendors out there but you really can't beat the shows where you get to see first hand the model boats and the vendors for yourself.

The Mountfleet Ben Ain model is 1/32nd scale. and the figures are a mixture of Miniart German gun cleaning tank crew (on the fo'c's'le), Miniart Russian tank crew repairing his uniform ( repairing the rope) and a Tamiya field kitchen cook ( offering the sample!) The captain and the quartermaster are original kit supplied figures.

By the way if you are going to Telford leave yourself enough time to visit Ironbridge and the Blists Hill Victorian museum. It is an entire Victorian street setting complete with actors playing roles in the shops and workshops etc.

View attachment 114662

04-11-11-15BenAinConstruction647.jpg