Fix damanaged waterslide sticker

U

UncleGeorge

Hi, the issue is actually related to bicycle, I've searched high and low for some help on the bike forum without any help. So I thought the mighty modelling community might be able to come to the rescue. 

The waterslide sticker I wish to repair is on the seatpost and the damaged is caused by the seatpost clamp. As the seatpost is inserted into the bike frame, there is a seatpost clamp on the bike frame that tightens to grab the seatpost, and thus created the stress mark on the waterslide sticker. I've changed to a different bike frame and therefore the stress mark is showing. 

Is there a way to remove or to reduce the crease/damage of the sticker? 

DSC_1312.JPG

DSC_1311.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I doubt that it is a water slide decal. Have you tried warming it with a hair drier and peel it off. You will never repair it but if you are lucky you might be able to peel it off and stick it back down again.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Agree, gently heat up and see if it will move. For me the better option would be to replace, have seen FSA bike decals for sale.

U

UncleGeorge

Right, thank you very much. I haven't tried to do anything yet, as I wanted to hear some expert opinion first. 

Peeling it off sounds optimistic lol. But I'll give it a try. 

Thank you