Fujimi Ford GT40 No.2 1966 Le Mans Winner

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Patrick, my favourite all time motor. In the mid. 60's I had the pleasure of sitting in one at the British racing circuit, Oulton Park.

As you will know it's only 40 1/2" high. I doubt I could get in one now!

Excellent build.

Ron

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Patrick, my favourite all time motor. In the mid. 60's I had the pleasure of sitting in one at the British racing circuit, Oulton Park.

Excellent build.

Ron
I think I could get in one. Whether I could get out again is another matter!

Pete

P

PWick

Thanks guys. Yes talking about getting in and out of sports cars. I tested a Porsche 911 GT3 road car, but they are stripped out with a cage and two carbon bucket seats, no sound deadening, anyway got in, squirted around the track, and luckily it was a dry day as when I was to get out I did a victory roll across the ground!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Patrick, and a great subject too.

Excellent build.

Ron
I met a chap once, quiet, unassuming, generally a nice sort of person, navigation skills were useless but anyway, he casually lets slip one day, he designed the braking system for the GT40. Which did involve a fair bit of 'testing'. Lucky, lucky .....................

P

PWick

Thanks Colin. Yes in my early days at Silverstone they tested these, 'in secret' of course!