Fw 190 D-9 "Red 13" of the "Sachsenbergschwarm", Tamiya 1/48

B

BigZimmo

Hi guys!!
Here comes the next member of my "Parrot Squadron" in 1/48 scale. It's Tamiya's Fw 190 D-9. Nothing to say about the kit.......it's top Tamiya-Quality!!!
My "Dora" shows the "Red 13", flown by Lt. Klaus Faber. His personally Slogan (left side of the fuselage) was: "Rein muss er und wenn wir beide weinen" (In he goes even though both of us will cry). The "Red 13" is the most photographed Dora of the "Sachsenbergschwarm" but nevertheless, even experts are not sure which camouflage the aircraft had exactly.
In his publications, Jerry Crandall comments that several variants were possible. RLM 76, 82, 83 or RLM 76, 75, 83. Or even aircraft fuselage in RLM 76, 82, 83 and wings in RLM 75, 83!!!! I chose the variant RLM 76, 75, 83.
Colors from Gunze (RLM 23, 75, 83), Revell (RLM 04) and Vallejo (RLM 76, 70).

Horrido.......
Stefan:smiling3:

Rote 13 01.jpg Rote 13 02.jpg Rote 13 03.jpg Rote 13 04.jpg Rote 13 05.jpg Rote 13 06.jpg Rote 13 07.jpg Rote 13 08.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Another beauty!

Nice choice of colour, it looks very convincing. I suppose it depends to some extent which werknummer you go for :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Another fantastic addition to the collection Stefan. Top work, and as usual from you, very nicely photographed

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant job Stefan. Isn't it nice when 'nobody knows', you can't be wrong in your choice of finish.

B

BigZimmo

Brilliant job Stefan. Isn't it nice when 'nobody knows', you can't be wrong in your choice of finish.
Thanks, Colin.....and yes, you're right. It is so comfortable when there is no one who has the "authority of interpretation". Modeller's heaven......especially in Germany, the home of the "Rivet Counters"!!:D;)
When will you build again another "Monster" in 1:32 scale??? Maybe HK's B-17.....in an airfield diorama??:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks, Colin.....and yes, you're right. It is so comfortable when there is no one who has the "authority of interpretation". Modeller's heaven......especially in Germany, the home of the "Rivet Counters"!!:D;)
When will you build again another "Monster" in 1:32 scale??? Maybe HK's B-17.....in an airfield diorama??:smiling3:
Good heavens no, I've retired from 1:32, well I think I have....................