Galileo Seven Star Trek diorama in progress

D

Davinder Sangha

Construction on my Galileo Seven diorama. The plan is to have the shuttle on a landscape, with figures of Spock and McCoy outside, plus looking at a neanderthal-like figure in the background.

The model is lit, with flashing LEDs on an opening on the nacelles, simulating an electrical problem.

The inside of the model is lit with one LED and I have made a reasonably detailed interior, using chairs and wall panels. The figures inside are cutout from Photoshop modified images and displayed in the way that you would on a set of a play, with different depths. The background has a image of piping inside the back room. Ironically, it's a bit difficult to see unless you are close up, but I'm pleased with it.

The Spock and McCoy figures are different sizing, with McCoy being marginally bigger. However, I'll solve this by place McCoy at the front of the diorama and Spock further back.

WP_20170126_18_54_03_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20170126_18_53_03_Rich_LI.jpg WP_20170124_18_31_50_Rich_LI.jpg

D

Davinder Sangha

Just nearly completed the centre-piece of my Galileo Seven diorama; the actual shuttle itself. It's made entirely out of foam backed card and normal packaging card. It is battery operated, with flashing lights in the engine nacelle and at the rear. The other lights are inside the shuttle, and also at the front engines, which need to be completed.

WP_20170205_16_54_17_Rich_LI.jpg WP_20170205_16_46_21_Rich_LI.jpg

M

Morpheus

You now need to build a scaled model of the uss enterprise to go with it ;)

D

Davinder Sangha

Haha. I was thinking earlier today that if I had the space, I'd build something really big.

D

Davinder Sangha

It's nearly complete. I need to add wiring on the outside for the power. The shuttle itself is self sufficient with a 9V battery, but I'm going to create a switchable one so it can but run off a plug as well.

Still to do:
  • More boulders on the landscape.
  • Landscape made more green and darker in areas.
  • I want to create external lights disguised as stand-alone lamps as if it was under repair.
  • The figures need to have the bases camouflaged and blended into the landscape.
A bit of advice needed as well. The Spock figure at the back is marginally smaller than the McCoy figure at the front. However, I've placed him at the back to avoid a side-by-side comparison and the illusion shows him in distance. Does this look okay to everyone.

WP_20170222_08_05_41_Pro.jpg