• Model D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
P

Polux

Hi all!

The D-Day has arrived.....

Changes.... Yes!, but why?

My commitment as a GB Mod is propose new themes and formulas, just looking for a major activity on the GBs during the year.

So I’ve been working on two new formats. The most significant changes are the several reductions on the GBs during the year. The idea is, as I said, a major participation on them and a more “interactive” calendar by all the members. Is your calendar, so play with it... :smiling3:

You will find, now, four different options.

MODEAL A B C D

I will explain each Model, one by one. If you have any doubts, just ask!!

Take a look and think about it (or I must say, speculate about it? :smiling3: ), just choice which one is better for you!

Is important to know your opinion, so please, vote ;)

Thanks for your help and patience.

Polux

PS: I post it today because I have an unexpected call, and tomorrow I will be all the day out :confused:

Last edited:
P

Polux

MODEL A

The MODEL A is the actual GB format on the SMF.

Here we have 10 GBs (time: four months each one), six SIG (time: six months each one) and two SSIG (time: the entire year).

There are an amount of builds. They usually be different and are selected by popular request (poll).

If you prefer this option than the rest or just DON’T WANT ANY CHANGE, vote this one :smiling3:

View attachment 120618

Option A.png

P

Polux

MODEL B

The MODEL B is a new suggestion format.

This option gives to you the possibility to build six GBs. One or two of them will be Fixed Group Builds ... plus, there is the Personal Themed Build as well.

WHAT IS THE FIXED GROUP BUILD.

Period: Three or four months (It will depend of the calendar format.)

I would like to suggest the same “specific” build during different years. The main idea is one or two of the GBs, during the current year, be fixed by the same theme.

Examples:

Kit Manufacturers - Every year, dedicate one GB to build a kit of all the different brands on the market. Airfix, Revell, Italeri, Matchbox,.... Free theme or subject, just the brand will be choice by popular request / Poll.

Minor Countries Dedicate to those all not “habitual” countries, like Italy, Israel, Korea,.... it will be choice by popular request / Poll.

Other Suggestions If the members are interested, we can suggest new ones, before I closed the 2016 GB format.

WHAT IS THE PERSONAL THEMED BUILD

Period: The entire current year.

The Personal Themed Build is a new suggestion.

As the name says, you must choice your own theme, a free one. And work it during the year. The idea is build something that you like it.

It’s your theme, so you can add information and history for an attractive thread. And why not? Maybe someone go with you on the way....

The basic rule on the Personal Themed Build is the number of builds/kits. It must be a minimum of four (entire year)

I explain, maybe some examples could help you to understand the idea much better....

Examples: A good one is the Laurie’s one. Afghanistan.

He worked on the theme and built different related items.

Other ideas could be build all the different versions of the Spitfires during the war, tanks, movies, specific scales, battle ships,....

Build a diorama, a real and big one.....not a base called diorama, with four models minimum!

This option gives to you the possibility to build ten builds during the year. If you like it, vote it :smiling3:

View attachment 120619

Option B.png

Last edited:
P

Polux

MODEL C

The MODEL C is a new format idea.

Maybe the most significant suggestion, there, is the Aviation’s History Build. Is a complex continued GBs related on the aviation history. The plan is start on 1914 and finish on the present day. I designed a time calendar :smiling3:

This format contains, as well, the Free Period Time and three normal GBs.

WHAT IS THE FREE PERIOD BUILDS

Period: Free during the entire year.

If any member has one idea or suggestion can post it on the general GB chat. If the suggestion has four takers, then you can go for it!

Remember, four takers minimum (The victims and the genius that has been proposing it :smiling3: )

This option is, in fact, available actually during the entire year. Anyway if we reduce the number of the GBs on the calendar, I will expect more “movement” on this option.... During the year some new ideas come or new kits arrive, so you prefer to build it than a theme that you voted six or more months ago....

Examples: A week challenge, Warhammer figures, Biplanes,..... Our forum has a “habit” (I’m talking about build preferences) so don’t propose theme without a clear future, like my Tintin’s idea... :D

We are all adults....so keep the forum working and don’t propose ten different builds at the same time.

Do you like Spiderman...? Remember,....a big power needs..... :smiling3:

WHAT IS THE AVIATION’S HISTORY

Period: One year. (six GB related)

Is simple, build the aviation’s history!

I designed a calendar marking the different periods. In each period you can choice military or civilian items. Use your preferences or criterions to choice your build. Could be nice to choice relevant history planes, and add some personal story on the thread. The idea is create an interesting base of planes and stories, as a reference for all the members. The takers can chat and decide between them, which items can be building, and be all different (not necessary).

_You the Stuka, me the Spifie.... :smiling3:

If you all are interested on this idea, we can choice, later, if the scale can be free or all the items are on the same scale.

Take a look at the calendar....an if you like it, vote it :smiling3:

View attachment 120620

Option C.png

Last edited:
P

Polux

Just remembering that I will close the thread on 16 October. ;)

Regards

Polux

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
There's certainly some food for thought there Polux. I'm liking the sound of model B at the moment but not committing to a vote just yet.

Great work by the way and many thanks

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i will go with what ever get chosen.......simply cos i dont just participate in the GBs here........im on a couple of other forums and they all have GBs too......i just pick those that interest me from them all.....sometimes im lucky and something qualifies for two different GBs on different forums at the same time :D

i sort of like option B though as i do have a plan for next year which will have a theme

ive always thought the current version has too many GBs running at once, and therefore not as much participation

im not struck on option C cos aircraft arnt my thing really but thats just my own personal taste, id still try and contribute as/when i could if it won

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for the effort that has gone into this Pollux.

Whilst I like the option C, the aviation history is interesting but may be a little harsh on those among us who are confirmed ground hogs. I presume the intent would be to do tanks another year or civilian vehicles etc.

I like the idea of a personal theme build, and many of us do that anyway on a varying scale, from Laurie's Afghanistan build to Snapper41's 41 Squadron collection. and it is interesting to see them develop. But I am not sure it belongs in a group build, for me part of the group builds is seeing what everyone else does with the same theme.

For my own part I have not participated as much as I would like, this is usually time constraints, I am a slow modeller and trying to fit it in around work, business travel and family life can be difficult. I have fancied several of the builds this year overran on the one I did participate in and then just could not get organised to finish my current build in time to start a group build. I am hoping next year to have more time available having out some family issues behind me.

P

Polux

\ said:
But I am not sure it belongs in a group build, for me part of the group builds is seeing what everyone else does with the same theme.
That's true!

Anyway, if you organize your own thread with an specific idea, a calendar and has a good structure....is very similar a GB.

Take as a reference the "Berlin" SSIG....

No takers and we lost a good idea... If we copy the format, but add our own theme may work....

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Voted b, but think it needs to be a hybrid of a and b

First Name
Jason
Thanks for all the effort you're putting in to this Polux. I like option D, should be able to get a good variety in. Hopefully something to please everyone and I like the idea of the personal themed builds, it gives people the opportunity to explore an area they are interested in and share it with all of us.

Jason

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I voted A, as it was me that put it together...

I would like to comment that you make it sound that model A is massively overloaded. Yes if you still think you have to do them all.

The double up on the group builds was to give an option. If you dont fancy the one you might fancy the other. Its not expected in any way that you take part in them all.

Also the high number of SIG builds, was this year due to there being so many Anniversaries to cover, which also spilled over to the two SSIG.

I do not understand how a Personal theme build, fits into ANY Group build calendar, regardless how it is set. Sorry I just don't. We have a whole forum full of personal build threads.

Ian M

First Name
john
A gets my vote and I have to agree with Ian about the personal build theme. I tried to keep up with all the builds this year but failed from time constraints of work and family life. But still feel i made an adequate contribution and played my part.So next year I will be taking part but cherry picking the ones that really appeal.

A big thanks to all the players who are stringing all this together as it must be very time consuming so thanks for your hardwork it's greatly appreciated.

Many thanks John

Last edited by a moderator: