Gern's bug

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here's what I'm looking to build for this GB.

Fans will recognise this as a bug from the (awful) film 'Starship Troopers' based on the (brilliant) book by Robert Heinlein.

I bought this second hand and it had already been built. As you can see, it's now fallen apart so needs to be repaired, re-built and re-painted. (I hope that it's OK to use this for the GB Ian?)

It's a resin kit and will be quite large. I have an idea for a dio, but I've got to see how long it will take me to fix this first.View attachment 70030

View attachment 70031

Gern

Bug instructions.JPG

Bug parts.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
'COME ON APES...YOU WANNA LIVE FOR EVER?' Not too bad for a brainless shootem-up.

Looks good, will look superb in a dio setting Dave.

Si:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OK with me. Once you have striped it down it will just be a resin kit.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is going to be quite large judging by the scale ruler.....I mean bottle of Vallejo.

Looking forward to this.

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
OK with me. Once you have striped it down it will just be a resin kit.Ian M
Thanks Ian. I assume it would be OK to add a human figure if I decide to go for a dio?

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh Butter!

I can see this GB is going to be fun. I was thinking just yesterday that there will be challenges with those pesky humans....

As the human is not the main item of the build but rather important it will be fine.

Just off to amend the rules.... again. :smiling3:

Ian M

C

CDW

It does look quite a big kit, looking forward to this, are you going to colour it as per the film or the similar bugs on the animated series?

\ said:
Just off to amend the rules.... again. :smiling3:
I'm starting to feel for you mate :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've not seen the animated series so it'll be much like the film version - sorta kinda if I can get my dio idea sorted.

Gern

C

CDW

Sounds good ... The animated ones were more colourfully striped and had more red and orange knocking around from what I remember.

If you get stuck for any dio base material give me a shout... I might have something knocking around.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
David, my dear chap. This is going to look rather soooper and not a coffee stirrer in sight!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Gotta be careful with bugs that big Ron. They're likely to take the stirrer off me and shove it where it hurts!

Gern

PS Welcome back. I kinda figured you'd been off with Justine swanning about the countryside again. It's been very quiet around here lately.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Painful indeed!.....We're luckily off again for a spell in a day or so....so more catch up when I return and I look forward to seeing your bug progress then.....

P

Polux

Interesting one!!

I remember the film...and remember blood, blood and....blood? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Hope you can do the dio! I wish to see it!

Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Who says there'd be blood in my dio?

I think I'll have to work extra quick and see if I can do the dio I have in mind. Just 'cos it's got a bug and a human is no guarantee of blood.

That should get everyone who's seen the film thinking!

Gern

PS ... and here's another of my posts without the buttons!

P

Polux

\ said:
Who says there'd be blood in my dio?I think I'll have to work extra quick and see if I can do the dio I have in mind. Just 'cos it's got a bug and a human is no guarantee of blood.

That should get everyone who's seen the film thinking!

Gern

PS ... and here's another of my posts without the buttons!
:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I'm talking the blood on the film!! Not in your dio!!!

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

First Name
Andy
Hi Dave,

I have to hold my hand up and say that I have watched all three of the films, I also have to admit I actually enjoyed them too, mainly because of some of the rather pretty females, Denise Richards in the original for instance... ;)

Anyway, I shall enjoy watching this one come together...

Andy...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
mainly because of some of the rather pretty females, Denise Richards in the original for instance... ;) ...
Can't say as I blame you for that Andy! Have you read the book 'cos it's MUCH better than the film (even though there's no pretty pictures)?

Gern

C

CDW

Books are always better Dave ... There's only so much visual info they can get into a film and that's the image you have to work with whereas the book gives you the general idea of the scene/plot etc and your mind fills in the intricate details ...

I was a ''Dizzie'' guy myself ... Nice and attractive in a ''not trying'' way .... Richards always looks a little ''perfect plastic'' in my opinion ... Each to their own though eh, world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'd forgotten about Dizzy Flores. Now I've got to go and watch that d**n film again! Still, I can always fast forward the boring bits - all of those with Casper van Dien and/or Michael Ironside I mean.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks like a great watch Dave , at first though I thought the title referred to your habit of buying kits !!! cheers tony