Gern's 'Less than a fiver' Cosford build.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice bit of scratch work there Dave. It's made a lot of difference. Nice one.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Ron. Not perfect, but it's better than it was - which is all I look for when doing scratch bits. I just wish the pics hadn't shown up all the seam work I missed!:sad:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
We've all been there Dave......The camera never lies. Easy fix though.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Some very nice scratch building to add detail to this ancient kit Dave. Great work so far.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Finally! At long, long last I've finished!

IMGP2517.JPGIMGP2518.JPGIMGP2519.JPGIMGP2520.JPGIMGP2521.JPG

Purists will see the decals are not particularly good. I don't know if that's because they were poor quality or just old. There should be a small red centre in the fuselage roundels, but they were separate items for some unknown reason and both disintegrated when I tried to apply them. Both wing roundels and one of the fuselage roundels broke but I managed to fix them.

Not a brilliant job, but it's turned out a bit better than I expected - I'd forgotten how much extra work I put into it!

Can I please remind the Cosford Massive to give me a kick up the butt if they see me trying to buy an old Airfix kit!?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Turned out nicely Dave eventually.:smiling2: We could always kick your butt just as a reminder if you like. :smiling2:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Turned out nicely Dave eventually.:smiling2: We could always kick your butt just as a reminder if you like. :smiling2:

Aw gee thanks John, but I'm not sure I deserve such a generous scarifice on your behalf.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job dave , although i’m the last person to be asking to stop you buying old kits , im usually the one whos telling you to buy them!!!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well done Dave, got there in the end. But wow, look at the thickness of that turret. I'm glad production methods have moved on a touch these days.