Glitchy shop browsing.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone browsing the shop via my iPad this evening and going into the sub menus accessories etc resulted in a glitchy experience of the previous page coming to the forefront of the browser. As anyone else experienced this or is it just me? Have a few things I want to buy so I'll try and persevere.:eek:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I can't reproduce that when browsing with my iPad.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Perhaps it my iPad as I scroll this little tab appears in bottom right hand corner and then it scrolls the page beneath the one at the forefront very frustrating but it doesn't seem to happen on other browsers IMG_8027.JPG

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Ah, it's because the menu is too big for the screen, I hadn't noticed that before, if click on the on the accessories tab you won't need the menu and I will look at seeing if I can improve it

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Trying again tonight John just clicked the tab like you said and I get this buffering icon to stare at for a number of minutes. I'm so used to all this running smoothly been spoilt in the past I guess but navigating the shop as now become for me personally a nightmare as it very glitchy and all over the place at the moment IMG_8029.JPG

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
When you said you was having problems I turn the cache off to test and didn't turn it back on again, the menu should be ok now, but move away from your account page, it's the secure bit that causes the problem with the menu

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
When you said you was having problems I turn the cache off to test and didn't turn it back on again, the menu should be ok now, but move away from your account page, it's the secure bit that causes the problem with the menu
I've tried everything John but it's still glitchy and full of gremlins never experienced this before on anyone's browsers. I'll give it some time and hopefully normal service will resume. Thanks John

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm using it on my iPad at the moment without any problems, maybe someone else on the forum can give it a try see if they are experiencing problems.

First Name
colin
Just tried it on my tablet and phone seems okay to me

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
:smiling3:He may have won for now but I know it will get sorted eventually. I'll be back IMG_8031.JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Just another glitch after pressing the contact us page which is imposed over the search box. IMG_8032.PNG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
It seems this page is the problematic one that's causing my problems when scrolling the longer lists (tools & supplies) Although this page used to be useful it will know be ignored and I'll navigate the shop differently ;) Onwards n upwards.IMG_8033.PNG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
just had a look on my iPad in both safari and chrome and the drop downs are impossible to get to the very end of. As John wrote the page beneath it moves not the overlay. It does it in both browsers.
also I to have the two tabs for the search and account on top of each other.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Having just looked at the same on the laptop, the only thing missing on the tools section of the accessory drop down is the last one on the list. RB productions.
@John would it not be easier to group a few of the things together and thus reduce the number of lines in that list? Knifes and spar blades together maybe? Files and sanding together? Just an idea.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Having just looked at the same on the laptop, the only thing missing on the tools section of the accessory drop down is the last one on the list. RB productions.
@John would it not be easier to group a few of the things together and thus reduce the number of lines in that list? Knifes and spar blades together maybe? Files and sanding together? Just an idea.

I was going to change the menu ages back but it's just one of those things on my "to do" list, I'm sure I could cut them down

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Quick browse of the shop this evening and thankfully my previous troubles from a few months ago now all seem to have been cleared up. Gremlins all gone :smiling3:.I'll be having a good extensive nose around over the next few days and have already added a few items to my wish list. Pay day Friday so I'll be putting an order in soon. Happy that for me personally normal service is now resumed.

:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3: Cheers John