Brilliantly done, showing the stark brutality of war
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Very well done. A great example of model making
Most military models show a sanitised version of conflict. This pulls no punches.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A very poignant piece of modelling....very well executed :thumb2:
I’m thinking of giving up military stuff and modelling soft, fluffy unicorns now :smiling5:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A very poignant piece of modelling....very well executed :thumb2:
I’m thinking of giving up military stuff and modelling soft, fluffy unicorns now :smiling5:
Thanks so much Si, don't give up on the military stuff (though I know you are kidding of course)
There is a very dark corner way back in my mind and sometimes it just comes out in my model building.

Next project is a Sherman Calliope in a vignette next to a garden wall.
No dead, no burnt out tank, just a beautiful summers day in the war :relieved:

Jim

Reactions: JR

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Very well done. A great example of model making
Most military models show a sanitised version of conflict. This pulls no punches.
Jim
Thanks so much Jim, I was worried it might seem a bit over the top, I'm glad it's not being taken that way.

Jim

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Brilliant modelling and weathering ( body's seem ok on this dio , don't know why).

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Brilliant modelling and weathering ( body's seem ok on this dio , don't know why).

Thanks for looking in Barry, how's that massive train derailment dio coming along? ;)

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Thanks for looking in Barry, how's that massive train derailment dio coming along? ;)
Hi Jim not done much on it yet been in hospital having bowel surgery now got about six weeks recovery , give me time to sort out what I need for model.

Regards Barry.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim not done much on it yet been in hospital having bowel surgery now got about six weeks recovery , give me time to sort out what I need for model.

Regards Barry.
So sorry to hear of your predicament, hope all went well and wish you a quick recovery, just found out myself that I suffer from congestive heart disease
I thought is was simple COPD but as it turns out it's much worse than that.

My frustrations at not being able to pursue my active outdoor activities is almost unbearable but I must adjust, and stop driving the Missus crazy with
my complaining about it.

Was kind of half kidding about train wreck dio but am so glad you are considering doing it, knowing your skills it should be a real masterpiece
for sure.

Get well soon, Jim

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
So sorry to hear of your predicament, hope all went well and wish you a quick recovery, just found out myself that I suffer from congestive heart disease
I thought is was simple COPD but as it turns out it's much worse than that.

My frustrations at not being able to pursue my active outdoor activities is almost unbearable but I must adjust, and stop driving the Missus crazy with
my complaining about it.

Was kind of half kidding about train wreck dio but am so glad you are considering doing it, knowing your skills it should be a real masterpiece
for sure.

Get well soon, Jim
Thanks Jim, sorry to hear about your problem I now you love the great outdoors, 00 the Joy's of getting old.
Am still thinking about the train wreck but need to find a four foot cabinet.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Jim, sorry to hear about your problem I now you love the great outdoors, 00 the Joy's of getting old.
Am still thinking about the train wreck but need to find a four foot cabinet.
Oh, four feet seems a bit much, well maybe if you do it in 1/35th (I, hope)
Maybe only three cars or so with some halftracks going for a nasty ride.

eVOGKzRhMMMMDHh6xTMwHaDx&w=299&h=152&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

No pressure, of course...;)

Yeah it was quite a shock, my diagnosis, but our veterans administration hospital in my area is top notch and I am in the best of hands.
After describing a couple of incidents I suffered, especially being alone, deep in the woods, totally out of breath, doing something I
at my age and condition I had no business doing I am lucky to be alive today.

Now I'm not even allowed to talk about felling or anything else related to logging and have "Mother" up my arse constantly.
I must now carry a walkie talkie at all times and am only allowed to the equipment sheds and not to do any heavey work at all.
Much mechanical and maintenance work needs doing and am breaking in rather early a couple of the Grand kids in the fine art of getting "all greased up"
as Momma says.

Cheers and feel better soon, Jim

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
The walkie talkie sounds like a good idea ,so do getting the grand mids involved.
All the best Jim and take it easy wants to see a lot more of your models ( even if they got dead bodys everywhere).
Gona have a look at your builds I missed.
Barry