Graupner Wiesel

J

john edwards

Hi there,
just joined the forum. Many years ago I built several RC boots including the likes of the Robbe Dusseldorf fire boat. A "de-tooting" session "requested" by my wife back in March, found me clearing up the garage, which for many, many years has been my workshop. At the back of a cupboard I haven't looked in to for many years I found the Graupner kit which I seem to think I bought in the 1980's. An accident in April which required surgery on my foot has temporarily left me less mobile than normal and therefore unable to indulge building the model railway I am constructing in the loft.

So I turned to the Weisel kit as I can get to the garage and my workbench there. A quick check of the kit contents against the list in the instructions reminded me that I got the lit cheap because some of the fittings were missing. The model shop also did not have the motors specified in the instructions. I remember thinking I would search out the motors although back then "Googleing" was not so easy.

So I never did get any motors and I need now to do so. The internet has revealed several comments about the propulsion system on this kit on this system and this forum has comments about motors but nothing I have seen that is less than 5 years old.

I would really appreciate any help about what motors to get. Also I have seen Action Electronics wiring diagram using their components. Has anyone used them? Are they any good.
Many thanks in advance for any help and advice anyone can give me.