Group Builds 2017.

P

Polux

Hi all.

The 2016 is finishing, so.... that means the 2017 GBs are coming! ;)
Remember the proper year we will try a new GB format....

As per usual we will have the normal Group Builds (each one with three months duration) and the new suggested builds that have different periods.

This is the actual 2017 Group Build.

Forum GB. Attack Helicopters. Jan - march 2017

Forum GB. Muscle cars. Jan - March 2017

These are the Suggested Group Builds that will start to run on January as well.

Dubster72's King Tiger GB: Jan - Dec 2017

Rick's Phantom GB: Jan - June 2017

Bob's Modern tracked Armour GB: Jan - June 2017

Ian M's Battleship/Destroyer GB: Jan - Dec 2017

Terry's Diorama GB: Jan - Dec 2017

Well, thank you very much at all the members that make the GB possible; taking part and exposing your ideas. Just hope you have a great time building your projects!

Remember.....just get fun and share as much as possible these ventures.
For any doubt or question, Ian & me will be there to help you.

Good luck and let’s modelling!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very well put Polux.
I too would like to thank all that have helped to make the "New" GB system with some great ideas and support from you all.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
are we ever going to hear the criteria for the other forum GB? such as the 'Allied Tank' one, we havnt seen any info for that yet.....if you are going to leave it til a few days before the start before doing so then theres no time to plan

P

Polux

are we ever going to hear the criteria for the other forum GB? such as the 'Allied Tank' one, we havnt seen any info for that yet.....if you are going to leave it til a few days before the start before doing so then theres no time to plan

Don't worry about that, I will remember the coming GBs, about one month before the starting date.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Don't worry about that, I will remember the coming GBs, about one month before the starting date.

im out of the GBs then, 4 weeks is no good to me, i need to plan a couple of months in advance

sorry, have fun

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
and yet we still dont have the criteria for the GB we keep asking about

dont worry about it

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The very idea behind these Forum builds was to keep them as open as possible without just writing "build something".
We have the User GB's for the more tightly reined in builds so these are aimed at giving people the chance to build pretty much anything within the gist of the title.
As you pointed out the Allied tank one is a bit oblique. What is an Allied tank? I think most on here would think along the lines of the "Axis and Allies" divide.
My thoughts where that there are an awful lot of builds on here of German tanks and that it would be nice to se some that are a bit different. Be they British, American, Russian, French, Australian or any other land that was fighting "for the good guys"
As for the turret/no turret. What ever, as long as it is fully enclosed I, as would most people, would say that it is a tank.