H&S Ultra problems

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Dave.
I was going to ask about the nozzel but when I went on line to look for that parts list I came across an old posting from you in 2016. Feb. Has this problem started again or did the seals that John got not work ?
John .

The seals that John kindly got for me were for the air cap. They're not shown on the exploded diagram because H&S don't provide them for their Ultra model! I can't see how the A/B is supposed to work if there's not a proper seal between the air cap and the main body.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Dave, if it is the same as the H & S Infinity, 123450 is a set of 3 white PTFE rings, like short slices of tubing. They fit inside 123471, which is a brass threaded collar with a screwdriver slot. Tightening the screw pushes the PTFE seals into a taper, which should tighten them onto the needle.

Pete

I've had a good look inside my A/B using a desk light with a magnifier. I know they're supposed to fit somewhere between the hole where the paint cup fits and the trigger mechanism, but I can't see any sign of either the seal or the retaining ring. Shouldn't I at least see the slot at the top of the retaining ring where it is screwed into place?

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dave.
Its seems that you've got a real problem, I'd be inclined to send the damn thing back to H&S and ask them to have a look. If they can repair or sort it well and good , but otherwise I'd carry on with your cheapo. Life's too short to worry and it's just not worth it.:smiling:
John.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Dave.
Its seems that you've got a real problem, I'd be inclined to send the damn thing back to H&S and ask them to have a look. If they can repair or sort it well and good , but otherwise I'd carry on with your cheapo. Life's too short to worry and it's just not worth it.:smiling:
John.

I thought of sending it back - then I thought "if they don't answer their emails......"

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I've had a good look inside my A/B using a desk light with a magnifier. I know they're supposed to fit somewhere between the hole where the paint cup fits and the trigger mechanism, but I can't see any sign of either the seal or the retaining ring. Shouldn't I at least see the slot at the top of the retaining ring where it is screwed into place?
Dave, unscrew the back cover of the a/b, then remove the part with the needle chuck and spring in it (126603). Look down the a/b from the back and you should see the slot of the retaining ring. Is that where you're looking?

Pete

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Dave, unscrew the back cover of the a/b, then remove the part with the needle chuck and spring in it (126603). Look down the a/b from the back and you should see the slot of the retaining ring. Is that where you're looking?

Pete

That's exactly where I've looked Pete. I still can't see the slot - but I found it using a small screwdriver. :smiling: Must be my poor eyesight. :sad:

Anyway, I've tightened it a little and can now feel a little resistance when I put the needle in. Hopefully that's sorted it. If not, I'll order a new seal from John.

Thanks everyone for your help.