Habe Ihn!...(Got Him!)... embrionic

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Jim,nice to see you back at it, :D

glad I,m not the one who had the head removered ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Monica, I needed something to inspire me to sit at the bench again. Do have SU76 on burner also but just a plain vehicle build doesn't keep my attention long, I do need the drama 9_9  This will be more of a vignette than a large diorama and with tank already built I can have fun creating my usual impressions of dark brutality ;) .......Jim ^_^

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Bit of cleaning up done on figures and some slight changes, getting some conceptual ideas with base etc... Will dress up figures with white glue and tissue paper to achieve burnt and torn clothing. Will be very dark and ominous....as usual ¬¬ .........Jim ;)

100_6781.JPG

100_6782.JPG

100_6783.JPG

100_6785.JPG

100_6787.JPG

100_6787.JPG

100_6788.JPG

100_6789.JPG

100_6790.JPG

100_6791.JPG

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking really good Jim.

I will be watching this one unfold 

Thanks so much Stuart, I greatly appreciate your kind attention. I won't disappoint (I hope). I feel I must show the atrocities of war to the best of my abilities. To do anything less in my mind would be belittling to the great and supreme sacrifices made by ordinary men in defense of country and honor...and yes even the Germans.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is looking great already ,very well done with the figures and for us who do alter them,know how hard it can be getting them to fit again, :/

First Name
Stuart
Thanks so much Stuart, I greatly appreciate your kind attention. I won't disappoint (I hope). I feel I must show the atrocities of war to the best of my abilities. To do anything less in my mind would be belittling to the great and supreme sacrifices made by ordinary men in defense of country and honor...and yes even the Germans.

You do capture the real scenes of war that  tends to get overlooked which is the horrific blood bath that was spilled on the battlefields every day on both sides.

you portray them so well it's a joy to watch your builds come together.

doing a great job Jim keep up the good work 

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Stuart and Monica. This type of work lets my creative juices flow, just picking through the scrap boxes fitting different arms, legs and heads of figures till something clicks is quite fun, though much trimming and retro-fitting is required to get a natural look. I will try to keep this one simple and I may include a German tanker just standing there observing he and his crews handy work. The message will be simple yet somber, an important asset in any diorama is for the observer to "get it" at first glance.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You do capture the real scenes of war that  tends to get overlooked which is the horrific blood bath that was spilled on the battlefields every day on both sides.

you portray them so well it's a joy to watch your builds come together.

doing a great job Jim keep up the good work 

Thanks guys, don't want to deny you any "joy" Stuart ^_^  Next step into bringing figures to life (or death).....and gory to boot ;)

100_6795.JPG

100_6801.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks gruesome already Jim. Very creative, watching with interest.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks gruesome already Jim. Very creative, watching with interest.

Thanks so much Joe, not really trying to be "gruesome" for the sake of it, just trying to depict as accurately as possible the grinding hell of war. I know it may put some people off but that is not my intention, believe me. It's just my individual style and what gives me inspiration to sit at the bench.

Everyone has their own niche and maybe the "Grump Reaper" ^_^  is mine......Thanks always for your kind attention and your comments which are always greatly appreciated.

Cheers and stay tuned....Jim :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real good work on the figures so far Jim,show what your doing with them at this stage,liking it, 9_9

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is coming along very nicely Jim,as what happened to tank crews was ,not a nice thing in a lot of case,s :D