hachette nitro monster truck model

A

aussiemeat

do we have to buy issue 1 4 times for 4 wheels or do they give us 4 wheels in one of the issues i live in au and got isue 1 with only 1 wheel and need to no this its impotrant because issue 2 has no wheels in it

:regards:

aussiemeat

adzam

Experimenter
First Name
Chris
you`ll probably find that the wheels will be published late ron down the line rather than getting 4 on 1 magazine. dont worry , you`ll get them all ;)

F

Famous Polish Bob

Yeah, they tend to spread things like that over many issues to keep you buying it.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
The wheels and tyres come with issues 1,17,18,27,28,29 if you need to know which part comes with which issue just ask as.

R

redrooster

Hi my name is John and I have started to build my monster truck and I have seen some of the questions and they have answered mine. If I have any more questions I know where to come .

Cheers

John

John

Administrator
Administrator
If I have any more questions I know where to come
You can post them all in this thread that would be fine, btw welcome to the forum :smiling3:

G

Glen

hello my name is glen, im well half way through building the truck and i have hit a problem i have all four wheels on but when i rotate the master gog i guess this is were the engine will mount!! how shall i put this one set of wheels go clockwise and and one set go anti clockwise so i guess the truck wont go anyware. is this right becasue ive been back over all the instuctions and cant see whats gone wrong.... AHHHH can any body help me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE

B

Bluewavestudios

If the wheels are doing that on the same axle, don't panic, that is normal, it is the diff that does this, they will go the right way when the car runs.

Regards.........Mark.

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Or do you mean the front wheel turn oppersite to the rear wheels,like the front wheels turn anti-clockwise and the rear wheels turn clockwise.if so you may have put one of the diffs in the wrong way.

For a list as to which parts come with what issue look here
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Glen

hi,

yes both rear wheels go one way and both front wheels go the the other way. and there's nothing in the instutions about making sure there the right way round. i have also spotted lots of mistakes in the instuction photos to, so beware everbody. :thinking:so how do i no what way it goes round then guys and what one have i done wrong back or the front thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
When you put the diffs in the front crown wheel should be on the right of the front gear case and the rear crown wheel on the left of the rear gear case when looking from the rear,and that should be right but i will check in my issues to see if they have printed it wrong.

If you have both gear cases in front of you with the centre output shaft facing you both crown wheels should be on the right of the gear case.

What mistakes have you found in it.

G

Glen

Hi,

Thanks will try to fix the problem tonight i will have to strip the whole thing down DAMM!! Thanks for the help this is the only place ive found about the nitro truck they dont even seem to have a website well not that ive found. the break assembly pictures are the main picure errors they dont have it assembled correctly in one of the up close shots so i throught i had made it wrong but in the next picture they have it correctly built.

thanks

agian...... glen

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Right i've looked at the issue with the brake assembley in and there is no mistakes,as what they have done is the first pic shows the parts assembled for the issues before issue 22 and then in the last pic it shows the complete assembley with the brake in place.

It's allways wise to read the text aswell as looking at the pics so you know what you got to assemble.That way mistakes will not happen.

G

Glen

thanks again

:respect1: thanks yes ive double checked and your right been a bit of a mong me thinks. well as for the wheel problem ive managed to see that the front diff is round the wrong way.. ive been building the car with my son his been reading the instuctions and ive been assemblying the car so i think we may have missed that bit about what way the diffs go round. its been a long time since ive built somthing like this the last car i bulit was a midnight pumpkin from tamiya and before that a grasshopper....... so please bear with me and i im sorry all the simple questions. Im looking foward to building the engine but im thinking about buying and adding it myself. thanks agian and its ttfn for now

glen...........

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Mines still in bits till next weekend when i get some shock oil for the shocks and also i am doing a build progress on here when i start it and i am putting it on my website,and questions are meant to be asked or we will never get anywhere.The engine will cost somewhere round £69 for the engine i think from a model shop,but some are cheaper than others.

G

Glen

Hello Me Again!!!!!!

Hi,

Just a quick on i have got to buy a new transmitter kit as my one i used to have has just died and the one they gave away in the mag looked a little naff and the servos looked a little week!!!! Im looking at one on ebay heres the link
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
can anyone let me no if its ok..........

thanks

glen............:roller4:

adzam

Experimenter
First Name
Chris
looks ok glen,

maybe a bit overkill as the lcd and subtrims etc can be a bit more than required ,then overcomplicates things. especially setting up abs throttle atv etc .

if possible i would look for one of the cheaper futaba sets ( wheel or stick)

i know acoms stick sets are available for about £30 brand new on ebay.

you`ll probably find standard servos `satisfactory` for most use. but i would advise a hi-torque steering servo to allow more power for turning thise big wheels :smiling3:

one thing i would ask if you decide to go ahead make sure teh unit is on 40mhz, as it does not say in the advert. the item is coming from japan and could be oin 72mhz band, which strictly is not a band for rc models and hence illegal .

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
Looks an ok trans but i prefer the stick controls and like adzam said you need to no what band it's on before you buy it,but you can get that one from modelsport uk for £69.99 and they have cheaper ones.

B

Bluewavestudios

That is a quality set (Futaba have always been one of the top names) and should do you well but as the others say, do have a look around as you can get them much cheaper. I recently picked up a Brand New 27Mhz Acoms set on e-bay for a total of £32 and that included the postage.

Acoms are fine as they were the big name in R/C sets for Cars when Tamiya ruled the roost in cars back in the early / Mid 80's

Regards.........Mark.