Hawker Hurricane, 1/72, HobbyBoss

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
1/72 Hurricane by HobbyBoss

i bought this on a whim ages ago just cos it was cheap, im not really a plane builder any more, always seem to struggle with aircraft but a long time ago i committed to a Prop Aircraft GB somewhere which has just started and since time/room is at a premium these days this seemed to be an ideal subject

its very nicely moulded.....the wings are one bit and the fuselage is one bit, with the cockpit moulded in,.........in one way its nice cos theres no joins to worry about but it dosnt make for many parts in the box lol

nf1fzs.jpg

149cvu8.jpg

B

Builder

Very interested in these Hobby Boss kits. Apparently they are made for children, or beginner modellers, but am curious of how they would turn out in the hands of a trained modeller. In any case good luck Paul mate.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
. Apparently they are made for children, or beginner modellers, but am curious of how they would turn out in the hands of a trained modeller. .

1.....interesting cos it seems to be moulded extremely nicely! lots of nice detailing
2.....and where am i supposed to find a trained modeller?

:p

D

Doug Hughes

I built the Hobby Boss 1/72 Macchi 200 a while back, and thought it was great (details here: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/hobby-boss-1-72-mc-200-saetta.23999/). It provides a basic kit with a really good level of surface detail, while still leaving scope to scratchbuild extra details. I also bought my 7-year-old grandsons a Spitfire each which proved simple enough for them to build too (with a bit of help). There aren't many simple kits around these days - even the Airfix 'Series 1' type of kit have lots of parts and would be tricky for a child to put together. There's another (better) MC 200 build here: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/1-72-hobbyboss-macchi-mc-200-saetta.19146/

First Name
Gwyn
Very interested in these Hobby Boss kits. Apparently they are made for children, or beginner modellers, but am curious of how they would turn out in the hands of a trained modeller. In any case good luck Paul mate.
Most of us on this forum are children at heart and beginner modellers so they should be great for us!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Most of us on this forum are children at heart

ive always liked the qoute 'you dont stop having fun when you get old, you get old when you stop having fun' :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
only needed a smear of filler on the wing roots so all good so far

118poqv.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Paul. They're great little kits, easy construction makes it quicker to get to painting and detailing. The Hurricane is quite nice, a few small accuracy issues but overall good fun.