Heller 1\100 HMS Victory my biggest ship yet

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
From one big build to another big build time to do a bit more work on the stern two pieces all masked and painted plus all those cannons as well.P1040621.JPGP1040623.JPGP1040622.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's looking pretty good Peter. I don't envy you having to do all those cannon paint jobs though!

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Found a bit of time to do some more this time it's 102 cannons
Already done one so that's another 101 to do.WP_20180711_13_21_10_Pro.jpg

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Lovely build Peter.
First time I've seen this thread.
102 cannon plus carronades ,all with their breeching tackle fully rigged-or maybe not.
Poor old Victory is still sat in Portsmouth waiting for her topmasts to be put back.
Jon

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Just found this. You're off to a great start. Whether right or not the yellow stripes look spot on now.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter,
Was just on youtube watching a video tour on the Victory and found this too...what a coincedance. The yellow stripe color is looking right now...it's in between cream and yellow ochre. I'm doing the USS Constipation and it's stripes are white. It's been more than 28 years and I'm still at it and I think you're way ahead of me.:tears-of-joy:

For any straight lines that are predominant striking colors like yellow is applied first and masked. I would lay the masking tape, measure and cut equal width strips for this. Much easier to get straight lines on your next build.

I won't be surprised if you finish before I do...the rigging scares me.

USS006.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter I salute you. The guns on my Imai kit are only half barrels and only stuck in holes on the hull sides. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well Peter ive had a look an yes super build an the cannon's are like little works of art .My friend built a big victory where he had to fit all the real copper plates on the hull bottom an nearly finished it but cancer got him a terrible shame that
chris

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Time for a long awaited update this time more cannons to be built so I to put all of the bits you see in to a cannon but times 30.330982330983

• Wow
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 3568

Yep I know where you're coming from mate, been there, i intend to get back to my soliel when I've finished my kgv

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter the amount of detail that's goin in on this build is really something very nice work it just seems a pity to me anyway that she not gonna sail on the wet stuff as I think it would look really great an lookin forward to seeing the masts go up an are the sails real cloth or plastic nice one ?
chrks

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
HI Peter the amount of detail that's goin in on this build is really something very nice work it just seems a pity to me anyway that she not gonna sail on the wet stuff as I think it would look really great an lookin forward to seeing the masts go up an are the sails real cloth or plastic nice one ?
chrks
I would like cloth ones but I have plastic ones