Heller 1/24 Scania LB 141 completed

F

Fenlander

I know there is not a vast amount of interest in trucks so I didn't do a build thread. This is built straight from the box other than the suzie kit (the air and electrical hoses and bracket) which is from Kit Form Services. The red and white are Mr Color Off White, a really nice scale white, and Tamiya gloss red. Little bit of dusty weathering on the chassis using oil dot technique with the Mig Ammo Oil Brushers all from Scale Model Shop. Truck kits absorbe a lot of paint so if you do one, consider a full pot of each main colour.....

This is quite an old Heller kit and, weirdly, has rubber tyres that are in two parts each. The decals are very thick and are horrible to work with. I had to brush Microsol onto where the decal was going as putting it on top of the decal does nothing but floating the decal onto sol worked ok to get them to stick but I am glad they didn't have any complex curves.

This is a classic truck with lots of modification potential, very easy to make LHD but I left it as it is as it has French markings.
IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is lovely Graham, bit too clean, needs some epoxy mixed with a touch of black and smeared on the horse shoe and a diesel stain on the tanks :D Damn fine, love the colour scheme too.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Now that is sweet really nice looking rig you done there Graham. As Si put it a little grease in the 5th wheel would set it off a treat. Bloomin great realism with all I see. Bet you were chuffed at that one

Well done

Great build
Kind regards

Robert

P

Polux

Lovely truck, Graham!!
Looks really nice. Maybe I miss some subtle weathering as they mentioned, but the build is excellent ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Thanks guys. I don't heavy weather these builds. In fact, this is the first truck that I have 'dusted' the chassis. Certainly in the UK, most trucks you see on the road are surprisingly clean. I know the fifth wheel used to be heavily covered in grease but, again, here in the UK, they appear to be very lightly greased if at all, just based on my observations. It is greased with a thick gooey coat of 'fuel stain' which looks ok in the flesh but does not show that well in the pictures.

I have quite a few trailers to build but at the moment, I do not have display options for a full truck and trailer. When I have decorated my modelling room, I intend to put some display shelving up that will hold the longest rig.

Thanks for your feedback guys.:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build,Graham,real lovely job,with it,very nice paint work,and do like your,
so suitable,weathering,very well done,;)

S

Stevekir

Me too. A very convincing and clean model. The photos are good too. I am close to completing a similar 1:24 truck and will post it here soon.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i think thats a cracking build!

I do not have display options for a full truck and trailer. When I have decorated my modelling room, I intend to put some display shelving up that will hold the longest rig.

i have same problem, a few years a go i did a Kenilworth with the revell car transporter trailer with half a dozen cars on the trailer,....no where to put it cos its so big....now we are in a new place my plan is to make a shelf/perspex cover long enough so it can all finally come out of storage boxes

First Name
Alex
Thanks guys. I don't heavy weather these builds. In fact, this is the first truck that I have 'dusted' the chassis. Certainly in the UK, most trucks you see on the road are surprisingly clean.

i'd second that, these days they are well looked after, I think you did a great job

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I like the clean look Graham. Great job, it will look good with a trailer on it.

F

Fenlander

Thanks again for the comments guys. Sorry for being slow answering but we have been away in the Highlands where the internet was a tad 'sketchy' to say the least.....